Institutional Giving Manager, STEM Education Nonprofit
- NYC FIRST
- New York, United States
- $68,000.00 - $75,000.00
- Closing date
- Jul 22, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Grant Seeking, Other Fundraising
- Community Development, Education, Technology, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
NYC FIRST, an innovative STEM education organization that
inspires and empowers thousands of K-12 youth each year, is seeking
an experienced Institutional Giving Manager to
lead the strategic direction, identification, cultivation, and
stewardship of institutional funders.
They will be responsible for securing corporate, foundation, and government grants for general operating support, programs, and strategic priorities; crafting creative and compelling proposals, reports, and other fundraising materials; collaborating with the rest of the development team to create event sponsorship packages to secure new sources of institutional funding; and stewarding prospects and existing donors to ensure fiscal strength, increase the organization’s visibility, and demonstrate the impact of programs. Within the Advancement team, the Institutional Giving Manager is a primary collector, organizer, and communicator of relevant information on program operations.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to craft clear, compelling, and strategic funding requests that weave together information to tell NYC FIRST’s story and make a persuasive case for support. The Institutional Giving Manager will report to the Director of Development, working closely with the Vice President of Advancement and a highly collaborative staff.
- Develop an expanded portfolio of foundation, government, and corporate partners: cultivate existing partnerships, and identify and cultivate new prospects.
- Write compelling funding solicitations, letters of intent, proposals, applications, and reports; assemble supporting materials as required.
- Manage the complete application and reporting cycle for grants; monitor proposal requirements and collaborate with program staff and leadership to ensure goals and objectives in grant letters and contracts are met.
- Create and execute a strategy for comprehensive engagement of corporate prospects and funders, including volunteer opportunities and stewardship throughout the year, to strengthen existing relationships and develop new partnerships.
- Develop compelling sponsorship packages, including event sponsorships, that align with the priorities of NYC FIRST and drive significant and renewable philanthropy.
- Create and maintain a calendar of proposal and reporting deadlines, shared with relevant colleagues.
- Research potential grant opportunities and corporate sponsorship opportunities, working closely with other departments, to identify projects or partnerships that enhance the mission of NYC FIRST.
- Work with leadership and programmatic teams to develop funding budgets and financial reports.
- Maintain accurate donor records in the Neon One constituent relationship management system and digital donor files.
- Copyedit Advancement communications materials.
- Represent NYC FIRST at programmatic events throughout the year, including evening and weekend events.
- Assist with staffing donor events, including evening and weekend events.
- Support the needs of the organization at large, especially the Advancement team, by contributing to additional projects on an as-needed basis in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Excellent writing skills; Proven track record of successful grant proposal writing
- Excellent project management and time management skills: the ability to coordinate and advance complex projects—from concept to implementation—on schedule, while meeting deadlines and maintaining impeccable attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively cultivate and steward internal and external relationships
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff members in all departments of the organization
- Knowledge of and ability to access donor/funder prospect research tools and digital applications
- Basic understanding of budgets and nonprofit finance
- Passionate commitment to NYC FIRST’s mission and vision
- Three years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management or nonprofit database systems
This is a hybrid position; the person in this position will largely be working remotely, and they will also attend meetings and events at various locations in New York City, including in-person meetings among the NYC FIRST staff at NYC FIRST’s STEM Center on Roosevelt Island. There is a possibility of returning to in-person work full-time in the coming year.
How To Apply
Applicants may apply via email or online:
- To apply by email, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Institutional Giving Manager” in the subject line.
- To apply online, visit: https://nycfirst.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=37
About NYC FIRST
NYC FIRST is an innovative STEM education organization that is reimagining, reinventing, and expanding access to STEM learning through robotics. Through our programs, students grow socially and emotionally, enrich themselves with newly acquired skills, come together as a community, and contribute to the vibrancy and success of New York City.
NYC FIRST inspires and empowers thousands of K-12 youth each year, encouraging productive participation in their communities, teaching them how to solve problems, and preparing them for success in their academic and professional lives. Robotics is an ideal vehicle for building a young person’s mindset and skillset, presenting a student with complex, technical challenges in which they build solutions to real-world problems, and helping kids design and test solutions that they can build using advanced fabrication equipment and computing. Ultimately, robotics takes an idea in a young person’s mind and makes it tangible and real; for them, this is magic.Employment Type Full-time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert