First Responder Support Network (FRSN), a 20+ year old mental
health organization, is looking
for an experienced Development professional. This is a role in
which a veteran fundraiser can
have immediate impact and success by building on the significant
fundraising efforts already in
place. As a well respected leader in the field, FRSN has support
from individuals and groups
and needs someone who can take the lead and provide direction in
development efforts. This
position will work with a dedicated group of volunteers.
Willingness to complete administrative tasks such as thank you
letters, database entry,
external and internal communications is required. The bulk of the
job is expanding the
outreach and network and coordinating efforts to maximize community
awareness and giving.
The ideal candidate will be creative, organized, knowledgeable of
the various ways people can
give, and passionate about the cause. It is essential that any
candidate be a self-starter and
able to work independently.
The number of hours for this position can be negotiable with an
expected range between 25 - 40 hours per week. Although the job
provides for a remote work environment, the job candidate must
reside within California. Qualified candidates will be invited
to an interview process.
Up to $90,000/year, depending on hours and experience
Benefits include Earned Time Off, 403(b) plan contribution,
health insurance premium reimbursement, and home office stipend
Director is responsible for the First Responder Support Network
(FRSN) fundraising, development, and communication activities.
Develops and manages individual and corporate gifts as well as
planned and annual giving campaigns. Supports the Development
Committee and Executive Director’s (ED) fundraising activities.
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions, however, the Development
Coordinator shall be responsible for the following:
- Develop and execute annual development and fundraising
- Identify, develop and maintain support from individuals,
foundations, and corporations.
- Develop materials and communications related to
- Develop regular social media communications.
- Research and write grants.
- Develop and implement fundraising events.
- Provide donor appreciation letters and maintain ongoing
communications with donors, including organizing annual Board of
Trustee phone calls to donors.
- Maintain donor database.
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders.
- Work in collaboration with the ED and support their fundraising
- Work in collaboration with the Development Committee and
support their fundraising activities.
- Ensure compliance with all FRSN policies, including adherence
to HIPAA and other pertinent regulations as applicable.
- Other projects as needed or assigned by the ED.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in development. Development experience
within the first responder field preferred.
- Foundation relationships and experience with grant writing,
corporate giving, social media campaigns, and fundraising
- Experience with social media communication.
- Experience using Salesforce preferred.
- Passion for helping first responders.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent self-motivation.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office, online
communication and collaboration tools.
- Cultural competency working with a diverse set of emergency
Ability to travel throughout the
greater San Francisco Bay Area as required. Some travel out of
state will be required.
This job may operate in
a business office or home office setting. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers,
filing cabinets and fax machines.
Staff member will need to travel and may be required to
lift and move items weighing up to 25 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
is a full-time, self-directed position. Days and hours of work are
flexible and dependent upon timing of FRSN-related tasks required,
however, staff member will designate specific periods of time
during a Monday – Friday work week when they are regularly
available in order to conduct necessary business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the staff member for this
job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any