GIJN, a groundbreaking journalism nonprofit, is looking for a
development director. This is a full-time, remote position,
and is part of the GIJN management team.
GIJN is an association of 235 organizations in 89 countries
dedicated to strengthening and advancing investigative journalism
around the world. Our committed staff works in 12 languages to
spread the latest tools, techniques, and technology so journalists
worldwide can go after lack of accountability and abuses of power.
You’ll cultivate new foundation and individual funders, and steward
existing relationships, in support of GIJN’s annual budget of
To apply, fill in the form here: https://gijn.org/job-opening-development-director/
Rolling interviews. Position is open until filled, with
an expected deadline of July 21, 2022.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage GIJN’s fundraising and development strategy, including
foundations and individual donors;
- Do prospect research of new sources of grants and
- Set up fundraising meetings with potential donors and seek to
secure new and renewed support;
- Manage GIJN’s relations with donors, including communications,
updates, newsletters, and phone calls;
- Prepare progress and interim reports, proposals and pitches for
- Oversee a full-time development assistant;
- Advise GIJN member organizations and Help Desk requesters on
- Assist with training on fundraising issues at GIJN conferences
- Represent GIJN at conferences and other events around the
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least five years experience in fundraising and development.
Work in support of journalism or online media is helpful.
- Knowledge of journalism;
- Excellent English writing and editing skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and coaching
- Ability to work independently and responsibly in a
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment and
with partners from around the world;
- Ability to work flexibly in line with organizational needs and
to effectively share knowledge, ideas, and skills across the GIJN
Location: Flexible. GIJN is a virtual
nonprofit. You’ll need good, dependable broadband.
Salary: US$7,000-$8,000 per month. Salary
will depend on experience.
Note: GIJN is a strong believer in
diversity and welcomes applicants regardless of race, color, creed,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, or disability.