Director of Philanthropy
- Trust for the National Mall
- District of Columbia, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Jul 23, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Donor Relations, Major Gifts, Special Events
- Advocacy, Education, Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
In preparation for the 250th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence in 2026, the Trust for the National Mall and the National Park Service are embarking on an unprecedented campaign to upgrade and enrich the National Mall in time for the special celebrations. The Trust will lead a fundraising campaign as well as a public marketing and communications campaign to engage citizens in learning more about and connecting with the National Mall and the Trust for the National Mall. The Trust will be building its team for growth and success in meeting the objectives of the campaign over the next five years.
The Trust seeks a gifted and uniquely qualified individual to serve as its Director of Philanthropy. Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy, the successful candidate will hold a leadership role in helping the organization reach its campaign and organizational goals.
Competitive candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a daily commitment to growth. They will be exceptional communicators whom internal and external stakeholders feel they can approach with ideas or problems. Specific requirements and preferences include:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent professional work or military
- 10 years with a successful track record in strategic growth via a comprehensive philanthropy program.
- Entrepreneurial and highly organized mindset capable of implementing a strategy across teams and successfully navigating a campaign with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Expertise and comfort within a complex organization where details matter. This role requires constant attention to all aspects of the campaign as opposed to simply managing a portfolio.
This is a full-time position with regular work hours and up to 25% travel. The Trust currently operates in a hybrid work model and the successful candidate is expected to be in the Washington, DC office regularly. Please review the position overview for more information.
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is leading this search for the Trust for the National Mall. To learn more or apply, please visit https://driwaterstonehc.com/position/director-of-philanthropy/
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert