Sr. Vice President, Finance & Operations
- The University of Iowa Center for Advancement
- Iowa, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Jul 24, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Fundraising Administration, Other Fundraising, Administrative, Accounting and Finance, Other Administrative
- Education, Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Oversees operational functions including Finance, Investments, Information Technology and Facilities for the University of Iowa Center for Advancement (UICA). Oversees annual $35M operating budget and provides fiscal oversight of nearly $2B in total assets. Together with the CEO and other members of the Leadership Team, provides strategic leadership for the UICA.
Position allows for limited telecommuting/work from home (up to 2 days per week depending upon business need and leader approval). Office space will be provided in Iowa City, IA.
- Together with the CEO and other members of the Leadership Team, provides strategic leadership for the University of Iowa Center for Advancement, participating in organizational decision-making and jointly ensuring the highest standards of performance across the organization.
- Oversees UICA operational functions including Finance, Investments, Information Technology and Facilities.
- Provides fiscal oversight of nearly $2B in total assets and investments exceeding $1.4B and oversees annual $35M operating budget.
- Works with UICA board committee chairs of Investment, Audit, and Finance Committees to ensure strong governance and performance of the organization.
- Provides administrative oversight for agency relationships with the Iowa Law School Foundation, and the Stanley/UIF Support Organization.
- Provides administrative oversight for the University of Iowa Facilities Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary established to acquire and lease real estate and issue bonds for capital projects.
- Provides oversight to the development and implementation of the financial growth strategy for the UICA.
- Contributes as a leader in the UICA strategic planning process, guiding development of goals and initiatives and delivery of measurable outcomes that advance the UICA and support the University of Iowa’s strategic initiatives
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with the Office of the University President and other key campus administrators to identify and build bridges between the university and UICA to best serve the institution’s needs.
- Contributes to the UICA’s national brand as a thought leader in advancement, demonstrating and sharing best practices and seeking efficiencies and economies of scale and scope.
- Manages all aspects of the employee lifecycle from recruitment and onboarding through separation; empowers employees to take responsibility for their jobs and prioritizes trust and transparent communication as the basis for a productive relationship; supports employees in developing meaningful goals aligned with those of the unit and UICA and in achieving and surpassing those goals; inspires performance through clear expectations and ongoing feedback; supports employees struggling to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal attainment; identifies and anticipates competency gaps within individuals and the unit as a whole; motivates, develops, coaches, and rewards employees for growth in competencies over time, leading to new opportunities for subject matter expertise or leadership; partners with Talent Management to achieve optimum results for employees, self, unit, and UICA; creates a work environment that is consistent with UICA mission/vision and that emphasizes our organizational culture and values.
- Plans and oversees the overall operational, reporting, budgetary, and financial responsibilities of assigned UICA unit; develops and maintains work systems, procedures, and productivity standards that advance the mission and goals of the UICA unit and enable optimum performance of the people and other resources within it; allocates resources to effectively accomplish the work of the UICA unit; monitors, evaluates, and aims to improve effectiveness of unit operations; makes business decisions that are consistent with UICA mission/vision and our organizational culture and values.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting, CPA + 15 years of relevant experience (including organizational management or business administration) required. Advanced degree preferred.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert