Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Director
of Development is responsible for leading, managing, and
supervising the daily fundraising operations of the Foundation, for
maximizing philanthropic support for all Foundation programs and
services, and for direct supervision of the Foundation Development
staff. The Director of Development:
1. Leads, manages, and supervises the daily operations of the
2. Develops and carries out plans, activities, and solicitation
strategies for annual giving, including the online and recurring
gift program, development of the calendar of activities, digital
fundraising activities, program budget, and yearly
3. Develops and maintains productive and respectful relationships
with clergy/religious, staff, board members, donors, volunteers,
and friends of Bethlehem University Foundation.
4. Coordinates draft and approval process for all appeals; monitors
results for all appeals; creates and tracks fundraising and donor
participation goals (new donor, repeat donor, etc.), and, working
with the Controller, provides detailed expense and revenue reports
for each appeal.
5. Plans and implements the Foundation's Annual Awards Reception,
Patrons Reception, other receptions, and of regional events as
6. In collaboration with the Executive Director, recruits
additional staff members, as authorized, to include a Digital
Fundraising Officer responsible for social media communications and
solicitations, and a Grant Acquisition Specialist who engages in
timely preparation of 10-20 grant proposals per year, submitting
required annual reports, establishing a point of contact for each
foundation; and coordinating annual outreach and
7. Supports the work of the Executive Director and board members in
implementing a capital campaign if one is undertaken.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum five years prior direct experience in fundraising.
• Experience using Customer Relationship Management software.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• A self-starter with initiative and follow through even when no
one is overseeing her/his work; seeks opportunities for
collaboration and cooperation across the Bethlehem University
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communications skills,
both written and verbal.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills, including the
ability to manage multiple demands and/or projects
• Proven leader, skilled manager, and supervisor.
• Able to apply sound judgment, maintain the confidentiality of
proprietary data, and conduct oneself with integrity and
• Flexibility to attend and staff evening and weekend events as
• Sense of humor and comfort level in working in a fast-paced
• Ability to work in person in the Washington, DC metro area.
• Medical, dental, and 401(3)b plan with 6.5% salary match from the
• Paid time off
• 11 paid holidays per year
Please send a cover letter explaining how you meet the seven
responsibilities above and a resume to Kianna Calabria at