The VP of Advancement, Marketing and Communications guides the
strategic fundraising efforts for a portfolio of contributed
revenue streams, including individual, foundation, government,
corporate philanthropy, and special events. The VP stewards and
nurtures relationships with existing funders, cultivates and
solicits new funders, and delivers best practices in nonprofit
philanthropy. Responsible to set and execute a plan for growing
contributed revenue for Elim Christian Services, building both the
operational and team structure to support and sustain that growth.
As a vital member of the executive leadership team, the VP
collaborates in setting annual and long-term organizational goals,
enjoys representing the organization externally in the community
and advocates for a thriving organizational culture.
We're looking for people who care and want to make a
change. As a Vice President of Advancement, Marketing and
Communication at Elim, you’ll be required to:
- Serve as chief architect and ambassador for all fundraising
initiatives and sets Elim’s contributed revenue fundraising goals
(including major gift, major donor acquisition, direct mail,
special events, communication and marketing and planned giving
efforts) and ensures they are met or exceeded.
- Collaborates as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team
and Leadership Team in providing ideas and best practices for
decisions affecting Elim’s annual and long-term operating vision,
including mission priorities, capital needs, and human and
- Collaborates with Elim’s Executive Leadership and Leadership
Team to ensure the effective delivery of Elim’s communication and
marketing programs for both internal and external audiences
- Maintain a major gift caseload and create annual plan for
relationship cultivation and major gift solicitation.
- Collaborate with Advancement Team to outline and activate the
framework and mechanisms for donor engagement and implementation of
Elim’s sustainable funding program
- Develops a strategic and operational plan for annual growth, to
be reviewed with the President and the Board of Trustees –
Advancement, Marketing, and Communications Committee.
- Have a sincere commitment to people with disabilities and
people who support them
Experience and Education:
- 5-8 years of successful revenue-generating experience, with a
broad and deep knowledge of philanthropy and a track record of
securing major gifts.
- 3-5 years of employee management and a thoughtful instinct
towards mentorship, delegation and goal-oriented team
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- Professes faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and exhibits
a sincere Christian walk as evidenced by an active involvement in a
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate Elim’s
vision, mission and core values within the context of a Reformed
Wages and Benefits:
- Competitive starting pay of $135,000 -
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Flex Spending,
Life Insurance, Retirement plan