The Development Coordinator plays a key role in the team’s
day-to-day operations and provides administrative support to the
Senior Donor Relations Director and two Donor Relations Directors.
The Coordinator assists in improving the various systems that
support the Major Gifts team in achieving established revenue
targets and serves to extend their reach and effectiveness by
coordinating the donor stewardship program, interacting with
donors, tracking major gifts from unassigned donors, and conducting
preliminary research to help build a pipeline of new major gift
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are the primary duties of this
position but are not all the duties that may be required. The
Salvation Army reserves the right to change, reduce or expand the
duties of this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may
be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this role.
- Provide regular administrative support to the Sr. Donor
Relations Director and two Donor Relations Directors (DRDs):
- Prepare typed and handwritten correspondence, ensuring
materials created are typed and produced quickly, accurately, and
according to directions provided.
- Draft copy for donor spotlights in newsletters.
- Coordinate mailings.
- Perform data entry in SalesForce, ensuring funding source/donor
contacts, description, and context of the contact are documented
within the donor database as those contacts are made, according to
data policies and procedures.
- Generate monthly revenue and activity reports.
- Provide meeting support.
- Respond to telephone inquiries.
- Manage the acknowledgment process for all major gifts and
special campaigns (Summer of Hope and Children’s Christmas Fund),
ensuring relevant, timely, and error-free communications that
inspire donors to feel valued, appreciated, and loyal to the
- Manage the Donor Stewardship Program (DSP):
- Work with the Major Gifts team to plan and coordinate the
annual stewardship calendar.
- Coordinate and work with the Integrated Marketing Manager to
design and prepare stewardship collateral, ensuring the timely
production of the same.
- Track and record donor interactions in SalesForce, consistent
with reporting requirements.
- Provide support to the Development team in the accomplishment
of section-wide initiatives.
- Meet deadlines in a way that makes it easy for supervisors and
other members of the department/organization to accomplish their
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality, handling
sensitive and confidential matters appropriately.
- Other duties within the scope of the role, as assigned by
- Assist the Major Gifts team with the donor Moves Management
process to establish new donor relationships, renew contributions,
and increase donor giving potential.
- Track and record unassigned donors who make major gifts via
Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) and appreciated securities.
- Conduct preliminary research to determine potential capacity
for major giving.
- Assist with research and drafting of funding
proposals/presentations to support revenue solicitation.
- Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting a professional
- Interest in a professional fundraising career path, as
evidenced by work or volunteer experience.
- Proven understanding and commitment to the importance of donor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines,
and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Strong proficiency in Office 365 (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook,
etc.), and SalesForce required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Extremely detail-oriented, with a proven history of careful,
consistent attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing
written materials, establishing priorities, and meeting
- Valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle required.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs., with or without
- Ability to work extended hours (evenings/weekends) as
- Willingness to act in an “as-needed” capacity for
- Must understand and support the mission of The Salvation