The University of Florida Advancement is seeking a dynamic
leader for the position of Chief Advancement Officer,
Palm Beach County. The goal of this senior position
is to provide leadership in building high-performing
comprehensive philanthropy and community outreach programs in Palm
Beach County, and will assume broad authority and strategic
oversight of the Palm Beach County fundraising campaign. This
position has a hybrid reporting structure, with direct reporting to
the Vice President of Advancement, and indirect reporting to the
Provost, Sr. Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Sr. Vice
President for Health Affairs. This position will work in
partnership with the WPB Chief Academic Officer, and the WPB Chief
Operating Officer, and serve as the primary point of contact for
external stakeholders. The incumbent will manage a high-level
portfolio of principal gift prospects while serving as a liaison to
UF Government & Community Relations and UF Strategic
Communications & Marketing.
The role and responsibilities are as follows:
- Carry an individual portfolio, and work in partnership with the
UF Advancement Chief Development Officer, the UF Health Chief
Advancement Officer, and College-based development teams directing
the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and
stewardship of prospects and donors rated above $5M.
- Work in partnership with Principal Gifts to develop and execute
principal gift strategies for solicitations.
- Work in partnership with the Advancement Chief Development
Officer, the Chief Academic Officer of West Palm Beach Campus,
Chief Operating Officer of West Palm Beach Campus, and the Chief
Academic Officer for Scripps Florida in establishing strategy and
appropriate infrastructure to accomplish goals.
- Develop and present gift proposals, and acknowledge and
recognize gifts in ways that are meaningful to donors and
appropriate to the vision, mission, and values of the unit(s) and
- Develop support for the program by effectively involving
stakeholders, such as volunteers, alumni, faculty, staff, students,
and members of the advisory board.
- Design solicitation strategies on case by case basis, being
cognizant of development and college office needs and procedures;
will maintain continuous personal contact with key volunteers,
members, lapsed members and prospects.
High Performing Teams
- Establish and supervise high-performing development teams for
Scripps and West Palm Beach Campus and work in partnership with the
Provost/Sr. Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Sr. Vice
President of Health Affairs, and the Vice President for Advancement
on fundraising goal setting; provide consistent reporting on
- Lead the team in developing and presenting major gift
proposals, acknowledging and recognizing gifts in ways that are
meaningful to donors and appropriate to the vision, mission, and
values of the unit and UF Advancement.
- Lead the team in designing solicitation strategies on case by
case basis, being cognizant of development and college office needs
and procedures; will maintain continuous personal contact with key
volunteers, members, lapsed members and prospects.
- Partner with central Advancement teams, including Principal
Gifts & Strategic Initiatives, Corporate & Foundation
Relations, and Office of Estate & Gift Planning in managing
leadership and principal gift prospects and donors with
- Convene and facilitate cross-functional teams as needed to have
a high performing development program.
- Build consensus around strategy internally and externally,
invest in and establish stronger partnerships with university
- In consultation with the Provost, Sr. Vice President for
Academic Affairs, the Sr. Vice President for Health Affairs, and
the Vice President of Advancement, establish and/or grow volunteer
Advisory Council(s) as needed.
- In conjunction with the AVP for Strategic Communications and
Marketing and University Relations, implement a comprehensive
communication plan, creating a compelling case for volunteer
- In partnership with the Vice President of Advancement, lead the
Volunteer Leadership Group and CEO Roundtable, and provide
leadership support to grassroots alumni efforts.
- Represent the university to prospective students, parents,
alumni, staff, and vendors, and provide relevant information on the
University of Florida and areas interest; utilize a variety of
mediums to connect guests with the appropriate contacts on campus;
and communicate university procedures, answer various questions,
coordinate services, and handle special requests.
Government & Community Relations
- Serve as a liaison to the Vice President of Government &
- In partnership with university leadership, establish and
execute a community outreach plan for Palm Beach County.
Incumbent will represent the University of Florida in Palm Beach
County, and establish a strong presence in the community.
- Plan, organize and direct programs to advance the university’s
priorities for Palm Beach County (Scripps and West Palm Beach Urban
Campus) and organize and direct programs to involve stakeholders
(e.g. donors, alumni, community members, government elected
officials & staff, and media) in support of the university
- Engage GCR and solicit support and collaboration as
- Monitor for potential issues and notify GCR should issues
Strategic Communications & Marketing
- Serve as a liaison to the Vice President, Strategic
Communications & Marketing.
- Assist SCM staff in identifying news, marketing and social
media story possibilities of interest to local, state and national
- Assist in connecting SCM staff with contacts for story
- Monitor for potential issues and notify SCM should issues