The Vice President for College Relations is the chief
advancement officer for the College and leads the daily operations
in the College Relations Department, overseeing the areas of work
for Development, Donor Relations, Alumni Relations, Business
Relations, Church Relations, and City Relations. This leader works
with the President to develop the overall strategy and vision for
fundraising and all capital projects to lead the execution of these
plans. The Vice President for College Relations also provides
executive leadership for the Athletic Department at Crown
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision, and
identity of Crown College.
- Develop and execute strategies for each area in College
Relations, including Development, Donor Relations, Planned Giving,
Alumni Relations, Business Relations, Church Relations, and City
- Develop a solid annual fund program at Crown, providing a
growing budget impact at the institution.
- Work with the President to establish a plan for capital
projects. Assure this plan is implemented successfully by all
- Manage an individual portfolio of major gift donors making
substantive contact (including face-to-face visits) and presenting
major gift proposals to them in partnership with the
- Develop giving societies and other programs to encourage donor
and alumni annual giving.
- Assure the database for all external constituents is well
maintained and utilized for various campaigns.
- Provide leadership for key events, including Homecoming and
other alumni and donor events.
- Partner with the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer to
develop and execute all communication plans to various external
- Collaborate with academic and staff leaders at the College to
develop fundraising projects for their areas as approved by the
- Build relationships with key influencers and stakeholders
within the Christian and Missionary Alliance and Twin Cities.
- Represent the College at on and off-campus events.
- Provide executive leadership to the Athletics Department,
assuring excellence in all aspects of this key area at the
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- An appreciation and commitment to the College’s mission.
- Experience building and leading a strong team that successfully
met its goals.
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships with
faculty, staff, and external constituents.
- Capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of and ability to implement “best practices”
for the various aspects of the College Relations Department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Drive to do what it takes to meet goals as an individual and a
- Ability to manage budgets for the College Relations
- Committed Christian faith, as demonstrated by the integration
of their faith in their daily lives.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Ten plus years of professional experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (in addition to the above
- Ten years of experience in fundraising or work that parallels
PROCESS OF CANADICY
Please submit a Cover Letter and a
current CV or Resume to:
Tony Kroening, Managing Partner, SIMA Partners
In the subject line of the email, please identify as
“Crown College Vice President of College Relations”