Since opening its doors in 1941, IU Auditorium has served as a
university and community gathering place, hosting a diverse array
of world-class artists, entertainers, musicians, and lecturers in
its 3,200-seat theatre. The Auditorium has been host for over 75
years to the world’s top performers and speakers, from the
Metropolitan Opera and Les Miserables to Kevin Hart and John Kerry.
As the leading performing arts organization in South Central
Indiana in terms of quality, leadership, innovation, and overall
guest satisfaction, IU Auditorium exists to create world-class arts
and event experiences at Indiana University. In addition to the
wide variety of arts and entertainment events, the Auditorium
continues to serve as the community’s gathering place, hosting a
variety of university ceremonies, orientation programs,
conferences, weddings, and special events. With a focus on student
exposure and interaction with the arts, the Auditorium is ensuring
its vital role in the greater university for years to come.
We are excited to welcome into our Auditorium family a dynamic
team member who will work with our development staff to reach
annual, corporate, and major gift fundraising goals and provide
quality service and stewardship to Auditorium patrons.
- Plans, administers, and executes annual fundraising programs in
conjunction with Director of Development, including annual
campaigns, membership models, communications, and events for
current and/or prospective donors and sponsors.
- Serves as primary liaison for IU Auditorium Alumni Association,
including planning, programs, and communications (i.e. campaigns,
events, meetings, newsletters, etc.).
- Builds relationships with IU Auditorium donors, sponsors, and
alumni. Identifies and solicits donors, sponsors, and alumni.
- Receives, screens, refers, advocates for, and responds to donor
inquiries and requests; coordinates VIP ticketing services and
artist access for donors and sponsors; ensures all gifts are
processed and acknowledged.
- Manages and implements the daily operations of the IU
Auditorium development department. Supervises hourly
- Serves as the liaison with IU Foundation business operations to
insure compliance with Indiana University and IU Foundation
- Provides forecasting and benchmarking reports to IU Auditorium
senior management team by tracking, monitoring, and analyzing donor
data and trends (monthly, annually, campaign-related). Provides
Director for Development with necessary financial data and input
for budget planning.
- Maintains IU Auditorium Fund records, including Direct Vendor
payments, IUF to IU ETA requests, as well as scholarship
disbursement. Prepares, submits, and tracks reimbursement requests,
transfers, and deposits.
- Supports the university's stewardship efforts to ensure
adherence to donor intent of donated funds, proper donor
acknowledgment/recognition, and reporting on how gifts are
- Individually follows up via phone or in-person with donors to
provide updates on fund allocation and projects/initiatives pursued
through funding and convey appreciation for the support of Indiana
- Through communications with donors and review of giving history
reports, identifies potential donors to ongoing university
campaigns and refers to the appropriate development staff for
- Generates and analyzes regular reports of donor activity;
ensures that tracking and reporting of stewardship activities/data
are timely, thorough, and transparent.
- Investigates and resolves claims of non-adherence to donor
intent, escalating to manager as appropriate, taking care to
preserve ongoing positive relationship with donors.
- Monitors Foundation accounts to ensure the integrity of funds
against donor intent.
- Collaborates with departments/schools to standardize
stewardship practices and share best practices.
- Provides an excellent donor experience through customer
service, active listening, inclusive language, and thoughtful and
persuasive discussion, consistently upholding the integrity and
mission of Indiana University.
- May delegate administrative tasks, such as preparing and
sending digital and direct mail donor communications and forwarding
donations to be processed, to Stewardship Coordinators.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Experience in fundraising, sales, a higher education
foundation, or related field
- 2 years in development or similar role in non-profit or higher
- Experience and/or interest in the arts
Combinations of related education and experience may be
- Proficient verbal communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds and
commitment to cultural competency
- Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal
- Ability to work with IU Auditorium and IU Foundation colleagues
and constituents at all levels
- An understanding of and proven ability to employ fundamental
development concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to use appropriate discretion and judgment in handling
donor and employee confidential information and materials
- Creativity, flexibility, and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to
operate a computer and other standard office productivity
equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods
of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The
person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions
with or without an accommodation.
Apply at: https://jobs.iu.edu/ Job ID