The Winkler Group is seeking a fundraising professional to serve
as a campaign consultant. In its 18th year, the firm is
experiencing significant expansion. Headquartered in
Charleston, SC, the Winkler Group is a national full-service
fundraising firm that specializes in customized capital campaigns
and strategic planning. Through our servant leadership model,
Winkler Group clients achieve an average of 117% of capital
campaign goals; strategic plans are designed to encourage
investment from key stakeholders.
With degrees from schools such as Duke, Dartmouth, Wheaton, and
William & Mary, and experience as CEOs, vice presidents of
advancement, chief development officers, directors of development,
and major gift officers, our consulting team represents the best
and the brightest in the profession. The Winkler Group serves
leading academic institutions, national and international
charities, civic and human service organizations, hospitals, as
well as cultural organizations. Winkler Group consultants have
served on capital campaign teams raising more than $1 billion.
The ideal candidate will possess the following
- An attitude and work ethos of servant leadership.
- 5 years of professional fundraising experience.
- An understanding of the process of identifying, cultivating,
and securing major gifts.
- Attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and
ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence to work
effectively with board members, executive leadership, staff,
volunteers, donors, and prospects.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with managing volunteers.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a
dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, flexible, and adaptable
- Exceptional quantitative, qualitative, and analytical
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, various donor database
software, web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of
technology and electronic communication in fundraising. This
includes the ability to do data analysis within Excel and mail
merge within Word.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Desire to advance to a senior consultant level.
- Flexibility to start immediately.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The campaign consultant will work on projects in tandem with the
Winkler Group’s services team—fully learning the firm’s process of
leading capital campaigns and strategic plans. The campaign
consultant will support senior campaign consultants and senior
managing consultants while taking on progressively higher levels of
The campaign consultant will work collaboratively with the
services team and with clients to identify, design, implement, and
manage customized plans and solutions for fundraising initiatives.
The campaign consultant will be expected to travel each
week to provide on-site leadership to clients. A sampling
of responsibilities during a client’s engagement may include:
Capital Campaigns and Strategic Plans
- Support senior campaign consultant or senior managing
consultant with planning studies and capital campaigns.
- Learn and develop customized campaign plans, solutions, and
- Craft individual cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Create campaign documents, policies and procedures, and
- Work with the Winkler Group’s services team to set campaign
direction and manage day-to-day operations.
- Assist in the identification, research, evaluation,
cultivation, stewardship, and tracking of prospects and
- Work with the Winkler Group’s services team to lead regular
campaign meetings with executive leadership and staff.
- Support volunteer committees, activities, and training
- Provide regular and consistent campaign progress reports.
- Assist the Winkler Group’s services team to manage strategic
planning projects and development assessments.
- Conduct personal interviews with key internal and external
constituents and donors.
- Analyze campaign study results, organizational structure,
strategies, staffing, resources, budget, volunteer support, and
- Prepare customized, comprehensive written analysis and
- Work with the Winkler Group’s services team to deliver findings
to executive leadership.
- Ability to facilitate small interactions group at various
stages of the strategic planning process.
- Ability to identify the root causes of an issue and work to
solve the challenges unique to a client.
- Personal ownership of a project or challenge until completion
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & REQUIREMENTS
The Winkler Group offers a starting salary range of
$70,000-$85,000 with opportunity for bonuses and advancement.
It is our intention that a campaign consultant will progress
to the senior campaign consultant level within a reasonable length
of time. A generous benefits package includes medical
insurance, 401 K, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. It is
preferred that the consultant be based in the Southeastern United
States or be willing to relocate to the region.
Please submit resume, cover letter, recent salary history, and
references to Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.