The FIU Foundation is seeking qualified applicants to
manage and assist with the planning, development, and
execution of the FIU annual giving projects, programs and
activities to ensure the department meets its goals. The Annual
Giving Manager will lead the annual giving offices efforts related
to donor recognition, vendor management, and direct mail and
digital fundraising strategy. As a direct report to the DIrector of
Loyalty & Participation, the incumbent will supervise an Annual
Giving Associate(s) and collaborate continuously and
establishes rapport with various university team including
Technology, Data Services, Donor Relations, Communications, and
External Affairs teams to regulate cultivation, solicitation, and
stewardship of annual giving donors.
Additional performance expectations include:
- Manages and implements special annual giving projects,
programs, and events. Includes creating announcement materials,
tracking participation, making arrangements for event and program
facilities, catering, setup/breakdown, equipment, and
- Develop coordinated communication and solicitation strategies
involving mail, direct mail, email, phone, face-to-face visits, and
- Works with Development Technologies and gift processing, in
conjunction with Director, to oversee data and reporting for Annual
Giving. Prepare regular fundraising reports including, but not
limited to, weekly, monthly, annual, and Board reports.
- Identifies best annual fund practices in the areas of direct
mail and works with annual giving team to implement measurable and
effective strategies to maximize annual giving revenue.
- Manages scope, schedule, cost, quality, risks and
communications (including progress and status updates) for all
Annual Giving and Leadership Annual Giving initiatives and/or
- Manages the departmental budget, vendor relations, and travel
for the departments staff.
- Coordinates and ensures that accurate, effective, and timely
acknowledgement, donor stewardship and recognition, and renewal
systems are in place. Evaluates effectiveness and reports results
- Help to identify potential major gift prospects through
database analysis and donor engagement. Regularly evaluate
strategies, prospecting, segmenting, recognition, and
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the ROI on all annual giving
activities and makes recommendations on how to grow donors and
dollars in a cost effective manner.
- Manages the execution of direct mail, phone, and electronic
solicitations through targeted segmentations to achieve set annual
goals for dollars and donors for the University.
Bachelor's degree and four (4) years' experience in community
relations, not for profit, fundraising environment and/or related
organization with one (1) year of experience in annual giving/
***Please apply through careers.fiu.edu and search for
Job ID: 526555***