We're searching for an experienced fundraiser to join our remote
team as our new full-time Development Director. In this
essential position, you will lead all of InReach's fundraising
efforts, including individual gifts, major gifts, private and
public grants, corporate donations, special events, and earned
revenue. In this role, you will partner closely with our Executive
Director and governing Board of Directors to ensure the long-term
financial sustainability of InReach.
This is a rare opportunity to help attract the resources
necessary to take an innovative, up-and-coming tech nonprofit
organization to the next level.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender,
and non-binary people to apply. InReach is an equal opportunity
employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ+ people, to
join our team.
We are accepting applications for this position on a rolling
basis. We will reach out to schedule interviews with qualified
candidates until the position is filled. Please no emails or
- Report to the Executive Director.
- Lead the effort to identify all possible sources of funding for
- Partner with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors
on the creation and implementation of a comprehensive multi-channel
annual fundraising plan.
- Manage fundraising part-time staff, volunteers and interns as
- Attend board development meetings as needed.
- Lead donor prospect research and cultivate a portfolio of
priority donor relationships.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to
establish effective communications with them.
- Refine and grow the Annual Giving Club program including
identification, cultivation and solicitation of major
- Coordinate an effective program for recognition, involvement
and stewardship of donors.
Public & Private Grants
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Implement earned revenue sources to help ensure the long-term
financial sustainability of InReach.
- Spearhead online and in-person fundraisers and special
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share
information about InReach with potential donors and
- Perform other development-related duties as requested.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor
relations unique to the nonprofit sector.
- Experience successfully cultivating and soliciting
individual gifts and major gifts.
- Experience securing and managing corporate
- Experience writing and overseeing the process for successful
- Deep commitment to and passion for LGBTQ+ rights.
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking and grant writing
- 4-6 years of nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Comfortable working remotely and using online communication
tools (G Suite, Slack, Zoom, Asana).
- Excited to make a minimum 2-year commitment to this
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The non-negotiable salary range for this position is $55,000 to
$62,000 per year. Benefits include medical, dental, vision,
401(k), 3 weeks paid vacation, and all federal holidays. The
desired start date for this position is ASAP.
*Note on salary: The salary range is based on
our organization's current size and funding. We plan to gradually
raise the salary cap on all roles as we secure more funding.
InReach (formerly AsylumConnect) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
organization providing the world's
first tech platform matching LGBTQ+ people with safe,
verified resources. Our mission is to ensure safe help
is InReach for all members of the LGBTQ+ community.
InReach is for the entire diverse LGBTQ+ community – including
asylum seekers and refugees, undocumented and other immigrants,
young people experiencing homelessness, those facing family or
community rejection due to their identity, and other transgender
and non-binary people in need of safe resources.
The free InReach App is available on web, mobile web, and native
iOS and Android. The App is available in all 50 U.S. states, the
District of Columbia and U.S. territories, Canada, and Mexico.