Senior Digital Marketing Manager - Advertising
- Doctors Without Borders USA
- New York, United States
- $93,700.00 - $100,260.00
- Closing date
- Aug 10, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Direct Marketing, Fundraising Administration
- Health, International
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $700 million annually in funds to meet the financial needs of our organization. The Integrated Channel Marketing team functions as an internal agency in collaboration with the Audience teams and our external partners to drive donor-centric fundraising and acquisition efforts.
Are you a creative, curious, and collaborative digital marketer with a talent for engaging audiences and inspiring them to action? Can you rally diverse groups across the organization, build consensus around innovative fundraising initiatives, and present and persuade to senior leadership who ask good but challenging questions? Do you have an eye for spotting trends in data and the marketplace and the knowledge to act on them? If so, we have a position for you.
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is seeking a full-time Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Advertising to lead strategy and execution for our paid media channels, from social media, search (SEM), native advertising, and display, to video, radio, print, and emerging new media.
Your priorities will be to continue to accelerate our revenue growth, extend our digital reach, generate leads, and acquire new donors, especially recurring monthly donors (sustainers). Working with our agency partners you’ll design and pilot innovative digital acquisition strategies, experiment with new channels, and test new tactics, creative, and segmentation.
You will play a pivotal role on an energetic, welcoming, and growing team.
On any given day you might:
- Activate a rapid fundraising response to a headline-making natural disaster
- Meet with audience directors for Mass Marketing and Major Gifts to understand their current challenges and brainstorm new approaches to achieving their goals
- Review our latest video PSA on to ensure it embodies our commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and preserves the dignity of the people we help
- Make tough decisions about spend for acquisition, cultivation, and brand efforts.
- Meet with agency partners and internal teams in Fundraising and Communications to create buy-in on an innovative approach for our next integrated matching gift campaign
You will report to the Director of Integrated Channel Marketing, supervise the Digital Campaigns Associate, and manage our relationship with our advertising agency of record.
- Strategy and Execution. Collaborate with agency to develop, test, and execute growth strategies for revenue and acquisition - and for connecting with more diverse audiences.
- Content, Messaging, and DEI. Work with Communications and Programs to leverage operational updates, advocacy needs, and breaking news in media campaigns. Ensure content reflects MSF’s commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Analysis and Reporting. Monitor campaign performance with focus on a select set of KPls to improve acquisition, retention, and Provide timely and data-informed insights, direction, and recommendations.
- Budgeting and Projections: Oversee agency in the preparation of budget, revenue projections and spend recommendations for paid media program.
- Audience Segmentation. Build and implement a strong audience segmentation and personalization plan to drive recurring revenue and maximize brand resonance.
- Discover, research, and test new and emerging advertising channels and tactics to help drive incremental revenue and new traffic.
You’re an innovative digital marketer with your ear to the ground for emerging trends. You’re a collaborative and inclusive team player and creative problem solver. You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable presenting and persuading on channel results to audiences at all levels, including senior leadership.
- Minimum 3-4 years directly relevant experience.
- Experience managing paid media marketing especially paid social. Experience in managing paid media for fundraising, acquisition, and lead generation a big plus.
- Strong knowledge of paid media channels, tech, tools, and analytics – for example, paid social (especially Facebook ad platform), social listening, SEM, DSPs, DMPs, Google Analytics, AdWords, etc. Familiar with emerging platforms such as TikTok and podcasts.
- Expert stakeholder management, diplomacy, and relationship-building skills. A track record of successful teamwork, developing strong relationships and building buy-in with diverse groups.
- Ability to manage staff and vendors to get results. Strong in leadership, coaching, delegation.
- Expert written and oral communication skills – especially presentation skills.
- Proven commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion – you’ve walked the walk.
- Commitment to the principles of MSF, passion for MSF’s mission and brand.
Preferred but not required
- Non-profit fundraising experience.
- Experience working in marketing cloud technology (especially Salesforce)
Full time Non-Exempt
Open ended contract
Starting salary $93,700.10 - $100,260.16 (commensurate with experience). Excellent benefits.
Desired Hiring Date
35 hours per week
How to Apply
Please visit our Careers Home Page to apply for this position.
Expected to work in a hybrid remote work environment with the ability to come into either the NYC office or regional hub (Washington, DC or San Francisco, California) a minimum of 2 times a week.
Open until filled.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert