Assistant Director, Major Gifts & Partnerships
- The Door - A Center of Alternatives, Inc.
- New York, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Aug 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Programs, Other Programs, Program Administration and Management
- Community Development, Community Foundations, Other Fields, Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Broome Street Academy (BSA), a charter school embedded at The Door, enrolls up to 330 students and prioritizes applicants who are experiencing housing instability or have been involved in the child welfare system. The wraparound supports provided in partnership with The Door promote student success in school and in life.
Learn more at www.door.org
The Assistant Director, Major Gifts & Partnerships serves as an integral member of the five-person Individual Giving and Events team. This position will oversee a portfolio of leadership gift donors and potential donors, recruit and manage strategic corporate partnerships, and help to create and execute annual and long-term strategies and projects to reach individual and team goals.
Fundraising efforts will be focused on general operating support and the assistant director will have specific engagement, dollar, and donor goals related to their portfolio and project work.
Position General Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of the organization’s corporate partnership strategy and initiatives including representing and promoting The Door and Broome Street Academy externally in order to recruit and cultivate new partners, asking for funding, and maintaining active relationships with corporate and organizational donors and potential donors.
- Actively manage a portfolio of current and potential individual donors including cultivation, asks, and stewardship of those donors. This portfolio will be focused on leadership donors with a capacity of $10,000 or more.
- Work with programmatic leaders at The Door and Broome Street Academy to effectively engage program staff across development efforts especially as it pertains to involving corporate partners and individual donors in program related volunteer and service activities.
- Assist with strategic development-wide efforts to maintain and grow The Door Advisory Committee and partner on the creation and implementation of direct engagement opportunities for these leadership volunteer participants.
- Assist with the ongoing and strategic creation of requests for support, lead donor stewardship reporting, and create and implement custom presentations for individual and corporate partners.
- Assist with all team project work including, but not limited to, events, appeals, general constituency outreach, gift acknowledgement and management, reporting and analysis, strategy creation, meeting prep, and team building.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in non-profit development -- social services sector preferred
- Proven track record of relationship building and gift closing
- Experience with large scale project management and work plan creation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong visual presentation and public speaking skills
- Extensive experience managing high level engagement activities for individuals and groups
- Strong computer skills and interest in data and information management as it relates to development work and reporting
- Commitment to youth development principles and the missions of The Door and Broome Street Academy
- Commitment to teamwork and team building including consistent and open communications, knowledge sharing, and project assistance when needed
Work Schedule: Fulltime, Monday - Friday, 35 Hours a weekSalary: Commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package
Please submit cover letter & resume when applying.
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert