Digital Content Specialist
- ASU Foundation
- Arizona, United States
- $52,000.00 - $56,000.00
- Closing date
- Aug 16, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Fundraising Administration
- Community Foundations, Education
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Who we want:
Digital Content Specialist
The Digital Content Specialist creates and supports digital strategies for various ASU social media accounts, such as the ASU Foundation (ASUF) and ASU’s loyalty program, Sun Devil Rewards. The Digital Content Specialist will be responsible for ensuring strategic and on-brand digital messaging by drafting, editing, and disseminating copy for organic and paid media. This position is also responsible for content planning, which is managed through content calendars in coordination with key stakeholders and is also responsible for measuring social media campaign success through the tracking and reporting of performance to senior leadership and key stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will be a creative digital marketer that is skilled in crafting engaging social media content.
What you’ll do:
- Create multi-channel digital campaigns that increase engagement and builds affinity with ASU audiences
- Maintain and manage a social media content calendar
- Understand the use of segments and personas as it applies to digital content creation; develop a deep knowledge of key audience segments and can effectively speak to, inspire, and engage individuals to take action
- Conceive and produce original optimized content including website, email, social media, and app content to drive brand affinity, engagement, and support overall program goals
- Work with the project implementation team and product owners to understand themes and objectives for assignments, target audiences, and desired outcomes in order to create on-brand, on-strategy, data-informed compelling creative work
- Actively participate in new idea generation, brainstorming concepts, and make recommendations for creative ways to accomplish marketing goals
- Review marketing plans and apply them to the creation of digital content; track performance daily and seek methods to optimize performance
- Track routine activities and report progress through project management system
- Responsible for project reporting; provide updates in meeting and presentation formats
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with team members, project managers, creative resources such as designers, video content producers, and other constituencies
- Research best practices and emerging social media trends
- Coordinate closely with a team of student workers for content creation and ideation
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and project description specifications, editing grammar and punctuation, writing style, content accuracy, and department requirements are met
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- Experience in content creation for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience with social media monitoring, listening, and publishing tools
- Knowledge of digital content best practices and requirements
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Ability to think strategically, holistically, and articulate how to best engage with key constituencies throughout the engagement lifecycle
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to interpret a brand platform, design, content standards, strategic communications plans, and marketing research and apply them to creative execution in digital channels
- Ability to use creative tools including Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential prospect information
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Ability to represent the institution well
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Knowledge of AP style
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or closely related field with one (1) year of related experience in content creation, or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require the ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across university campuses. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions. This position may require some early mornings and evenings to accommodate meetings and events. This position currently requires you to work from the office Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with Monday and Friday optional remote days.
ASUEP follows federal guidance which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances in which an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
This position will require a Surface/laptop computer, desk telephone, a mobile communication device ($30 bi-weekly payroll reimbursement)
Contact us today.
For more information on ASU Enterprise Partners, visit our web site at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
ASU Enterprise Partners and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer that is firmly committed to promoting justice, equity, diversity and inclusion within our organization and throughout our sphere of influence. Because we embrace a spirit of innovation and achievement, we will endeavor to maximize the talent and potential of all employees, directors, and volunteers through bold and strategic action aimed at building success and a sense of belonging. All employees are expected to act in good faith to support these actions and to not impede the efforts of others to build a just, equitable, diverse and inclusive organization.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert