Founded in 1842, the New York Philharmonic is the oldest
symphony orchestra in the United States, and one of the oldest in
the world. Each season the Philharmonic connects with up to 50
million music lovers through live concerts in New York City and on
its worldwide tours and residencies. David Geffen Hall, the home of
the Philharmonic, is currently under renovation and the orchestra
is performing in several different venues this season. The
new hall will re-open to the public in the fall of 2022 with
state-of-the art acoustics and more inviting spaces.
The New York Philharmonic seeks a Board Liaison
to serve as a key member of the Development team. The Liaison will
be an experienced administrative professional with the skills to
multi-task, effectively communicate across multiple channels, and
manage-up to several members of the Senior Staff.
- Work directly with the Executive, Finance and Development
- Provide concierge support to Board members both collectively
- Provide additional administrative support for the Senior
- Manage the creation, approval, and distribution of
communications to the Board and Committees.
- Schedule and run operations for all Board and Committee
- Prepare agendas, minutes, resolutions, and presentations for
distribution for all Board and Committee related meetings.
- Schedule and manage the operations of new Board members’
- Work with Senior Development Team to secure Board
- Oversee compliance with by-laws and Board resolutions.
- Maintain Board related official records and archives.
- Participate in special events as needed and attend concerts
throughout the season on weeknights and weekends.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an
inclusive working environment is required.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of 7 years administrative
experience, working with high-profile individuals, preferably in a
large institutional environment. Excellent oral and written
communication skills and strong computer skills required.
Knowledge of classical music and Tessitura (or equivalent CRM
database) is helpful. Self-motivation, fastidious attention to
detail, and a collaborative personality are important for the
The New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits package to our full-time employees
- Medical Dental and Vision coverage
- Employer contributions to the 403(b) plan after one year of
- Employer paid Life and Disability insurance
- 12 Holidays
- 20 Vacation days in 3rd calendar year of employment
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary
expectations to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we
will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.
The New York Philharmonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of age, immigration or
citizenship status, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender
identity, marital and partnership status, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, veteran or active military service
member or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
local laws in its employment policies.