Associate Director of Omnichannel Marketing
Development/Alumni Affairs, Development/External Affairs
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Associate Director of Omnichannel Marketing is a marketing and
fundraising professional with a track record of success in
engagement, communications, and giving programs. The position will
assist in developing a new strategic engagement and communications
plan for TC's innovative omnichannel program while working closely
with the Senior Director of Omnichannel Marketing and Associate
Director of Annual Giving. The Associate Director will support the
development and execution of omnichannel communications campaigns
designed to increase engagement with the TC Community; specifically
the Associate Director will focus on the communications designed to
convert TC Community members into donors, via experiential,
digital, and social marketing campaigns and initiatives. This
engagement will thereby drive revenue through online channels,
direct mail appeals and other fundraising programs, and will create
a robust pipeline for high-value philanthropic giving.
• Build and deploy successful marketing and fundraising campaigns
that include all channels (email, social media, print collateral,
phone),to grow donor pipeline and retain existing donors.
Strategize on special initiatives, including new, yet growing
efforts around First-Generation students, TC IMPACT Day, Giving
Tuesday, and Convocation. These collaborations will include
partnerships with internal IA partners and colleagues across the
• Draft and edit compelling and cohesive creative content which
allows for wide scale engagement through multiple channels to
inspire philanthropic giving.
• Develop communications for alumni and other audiences, such as
non-affiliates, using a variety of digital channels including
social media platforms, email, text, phone, and video
• Collaborate across IA teams on developing strong alumni and donor
journey experiences that strengthens ties to the College and
ultimately drives donations. Identify new opportunities for
engagement and giving across populations.
• Work directly with Advancement Services to prepare donor
segmentations and donor lists for various fundraising initiatives;
Analyze the omnichannel program throughout the year with an eye
towards strategic improvements based on data and outcomes.
• Communicate daily with a team of content creators, digital
specialists, fundraisers, and alumni and donor relations
professionals to support the overall strategic priorities of
Teachers College through the goals of the Office of Institutional
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• B.A. and minimum of 5 years of experience working in marketing or
• Superb writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with multiple
internal and external constituencies, and work as part of a
cross-functional team with diverse populations.
• Experience working within a variety of fundraising systems,
including Blackbaud and Graduway, and marketing automation such as
Salesforce programs a plus.
• Strong writing and editing skills a must
• Passion for and strong commitment to the work and TC's vision of
promoting equity and social justice. A willingness to learn and
bring forward new creative fundraising ideas based on professional
expertise and knowledge necessary.
• E-mail marketing communications experience, including triggered
campaign series creation and targeted communications development, a
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience preferred
• Higher ed and/or non profit communications experience
• Highly collaborative work-style
• Experience in both short and long-form content creation
• Experience in higher education
• Team player with ability to lead, manage, and participate in
• Ability to work well with colleagues across the college including
faculty, administrators, alumni, students, staff
• A genuine and deep intellectual curiosity and excitement about
TC.Columbia.edu #Hiring Developement, Communications, Marketing,
Philanthropy, Major Gifts
04 May 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
To apply, please visit: https://employment.tc.columbia.edu/cw/en-us/job/509834?lApplicationSubSourceID=