The Florida Housing Coalition is seeking a new Chief Executive
Officer, to succeed their retiring President/CEO, Jaimie Ross
(previously announced). FHC expects the new CEO to start on
or about January 1, 2023.
About The Florida Housing
- The Florida Housing Coalition is the premier statewide
nonprofit providing training and technical assistance to the public
and private sectors on everything related to affordable housing,
from ending homelessness to first time homeownership. We are a
mature and growing mission-based nonprofit, in operation since
- We support community-based organizations on the ground,
building capacity, and providing affordable housing program
implementation, land use, and development assistance to local,
regional, and state government.
- We advance housing policy at every level of government with a
priority on preserving affordable housing in perpetuity.
- We are the national statewide leader for community land trusts,
and are leaders in disaster resilience and recovery, inclusionary
housing, adaptive reuse, and racial equity in housing.
- This position oversees a $2M+ budget and a growing staff of 20+
Working at The Florida Housing
- The CEO at the Florida Housing Coalition heads up a diverse
team of the best in the business. Our professional staff is
comprised of Attorneys at Law and experts in Urban and Regional
Planning and Public Administration or related fields. All are
self-starters, hardworking, and passionate about our mission.
- The culture of the organization is collaborative. We work in
teams, with plenty of cross-training so that everyone can step in
to help others when needed.
- See flhousing.org for
all our programs, our staff, and our board.
- We are headquartered in Tallahassee with offices throughout the
- The professional staff are all attorneys or have advanced level
Position Description Summary for Chief Executive
- Ensures that our reputation for excellence is upheld both
internally and externally.
- Uses strong verbal and written communication skills with a
commanding presence as the spokesperson for the organization,
delivering speeches, talking with media, with agency heads, and
- Engages with related industry groups, other statewide entities
and critical discussions that impact affordable housing in Florida,
including chambers, CDFIs, relevant policy meetings, etc. Keeps the
organization ahead of the curve- proactive, more than
- Brings high energy and knowledge to garner respect from within
and outside the organization.
- Responsible for growing the budget through our statewide
conference fund raising and garnering financial support for our
- Proven success in fundraising, development, advocacy, and
- Ensures through good management skills that the 20 plus member
(and growing) staff loves their work and is working to their full
- Reports quarterly to a 25-member Board of Directors and monthly
to an Executive Committee.
- Works from the Tallahassee headquarters, at 1311 N.Paul Russell
Road, B-201, Tallahassee, FL, 32301
- The ideal CEO will have a minimum of 10-15 years of experience
in some combination of advancing housing policy, public interest or
land use law, land use planning, real estate development,
government relations, financial institutions, federal agencies,
policy, and advocacy, while demonstrating the ability required to
lead a non-profit organization.
- Our preferred candidate will possess an advanced degree in law,
urban and regional planning, social work, real estate development
or other relevant fields.
- Proven experience as the lead fundraiser for an organization
with a strong record of achievements.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and a
comfort level with presentations both planned and spontaneous. Can
effectively relate to individuals of all economic circumstances and
diverse backgrounds and expertise.
- Several years of experience managing contract and grant
negotiations with public and private sector partners.
- Demonstrated strong capabilities leading strategic planning and
- Previous experience and oversight of a large annual
- Participation as an agency representative across various
industry and influential groups, sharing expertise and building
- Deep understanding of housing, economics, advocacy, and
financial related services.
- A self-starter who enjoys a fast pace of work and is willing to
roll up their sleeves as needed.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in maximizing existing resources,
as well as the ability to inspire and articulate the need for their
expansion, when appropriate.
- Flexibility to navigate between strategic direction and
- Proven abilities as a leader and manager of a large
- Exhibits an above average knowledge of fiscal management of a
- Strong capabilities in marketing, branding, and
- Must be goal-oriented, decisive, and collaborative.
- Expected to want to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Project software skills including MS Teams, Excel, MS Office
Please visit our website to read our 2020 Impact Report and view
a full job description of the CEO responsibilities.
Florida Housing Coalition
To apply, please submit in confidence:
- Cover Letter
- Three references
Submit Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range between $150,000 - $200,000, commensurate
with experience, and a full benefits package.
The benefits package is generous, including a dental plan
with 100% employer paid health care, a retirement plan that
contributes 3% of salary irrespective of employee contribution, and
plenty of paid time off.
Application deadlines: Applications will be reviewed, and
interviews will be scheduled as they are submitted. Preferably all
applications should be submitted by August 31. However, the
position will remain open until filled.