Chief Executive Officer
- Florida Housing Coalition
- Florida, United States
- $150,000.00 - $200,000.00
- Closing date
- Aug 18, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Programs, Community Outreach, Government Relations and Advocacy, Program Administration and Management, Administrative, Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Public Relations and Communications, Sales and Marketing
- Advocacy, Community Development, Legal Services, Other Fields, Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Florida Housing Coalition is seeking a new Chief Executive Officer, to succeed their retiring President/CEO, Jaimie Ross (previously announced). FHC expects the new CEO to start on or about January 1, 2023.
About The Florida Housing Coalition
- The Florida Housing Coalition is the premier statewide nonprofit providing training and technical assistance to the public and private sectors on everything related to affordable housing, from ending homelessness to first time homeownership. We are a mature and growing mission-based nonprofit, in operation since 1982.
- We support community-based organizations on the ground, building capacity, and providing affordable housing program implementation, land use, and development assistance to local, regional, and state government.
- We advance housing policy at every level of government with a priority on preserving affordable housing in perpetuity.
- We are the national statewide leader for community land trusts, and are leaders in disaster resilience and recovery, inclusionary housing, adaptive reuse, and racial equity in housing.
- This position oversees a $2M+ budget and a growing staff of 20+ professionals.
Working at The Florida Housing
- The CEO at the Florida Housing Coalition heads up a diverse team of the best in the business. Our professional staff is comprised of Attorneys at Law and experts in Urban and Regional Planning and Public Administration or related fields. All are self-starters, hardworking, and passionate about our mission.
- The culture of the organization is collaborative. We work in teams, with plenty of cross-training so that everyone can step in to help others when needed.
- See flhousing.org for all our programs, our staff, and our board.
- We are headquartered in Tallahassee with offices throughout the state.
- The professional staff are all attorneys or have advanced level degrees.
Position Description Summary for Chief Executive
- Ensures that our reputation for excellence is upheld both internally and externally.
- Uses strong verbal and written communication skills with a commanding presence as the spokesperson for the organization, delivering speeches, talking with media, with agency heads, and legislators.
- Engages with related industry groups, other statewide entities and critical discussions that impact affordable housing in Florida, including chambers, CDFIs, relevant policy meetings, etc. Keeps the organization ahead of the curve- proactive, more than reactive.
- Brings high energy and knowledge to garner respect from within and outside the organization.
- Responsible for growing the budget through our statewide conference fund raising and garnering financial support for our mission-based initiatives
- Proven success in fundraising, development, advocacy, and relationship building.
- Ensures through good management skills that the 20 plus member (and growing) staff loves their work and is working to their full potential.
- Reports quarterly to a 25-member Board of Directors and monthly to an Executive Committee.
- Works from the Tallahassee headquarters, at 1311 N.Paul Russell Road, B-201, Tallahassee, FL, 32301
- The ideal CEO will have a minimum of 10-15 years of experience in some combination of advancing housing policy, public interest or land use law, land use planning, real estate development, government relations, financial institutions, federal agencies, policy, and advocacy, while demonstrating the ability required to lead a non-profit organization.
- Our preferred candidate will possess an advanced degree in law, urban and regional planning, social work, real estate development or other relevant fields.
- Proven experience as the lead fundraiser for an organization with a strong record of achievements.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and a comfort level with presentations both planned and spontaneous. Can effectively relate to individuals of all economic circumstances and diverse backgrounds and expertise.
- Several years of experience managing contract and grant negotiations with public and private sector partners.
- Demonstrated strong capabilities leading strategic planning and forward-thinking initiatives.
- Previous experience and oversight of a large annual conference/event.
- Participation as an agency representative across various industry and influential groups, sharing expertise and building critical relationships.
- Deep understanding of housing, economics, advocacy, and financial related services.
- A self-starter who enjoys a fast pace of work and is willing to roll up their sleeves as needed.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in maximizing existing resources, as well as the ability to inspire and articulate the need for their expansion, when appropriate.
- Flexibility to navigate between strategic direction and operational management.
- Proven abilities as a leader and manager of a large professional staff.
- Exhibits an above average knowledge of fiscal management of a large budget.
- Strong capabilities in marketing, branding, and communications.
- Must be goal-oriented, decisive, and collaborative.
- Expected to want to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Project software skills including MS Teams, Excel, MS Office suite.
Please visit our website to read our 2020 Impact Report and view a full job description of the CEO responsibilities.
Florida Housing Coalition (flhousing.org)
How to Apply
To apply, please submit in confidence:
- Cover Letter
- Three references
Submit Applications to: email@example.com
Salary range between $150,000 - $200,000, commensurate with experience, and a full benefits package.
The benefits package is generous, including a dental plan with 100% employer paid health care, a retirement plan that contributes 3% of salary irrespective of employee contribution, and plenty of paid time off.
Application deadlines: Applications will be reviewed, and interviews will be scheduled as they are submitted. Preferably all applications should be submitted by August 31. However, the position will remain open until filled.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert