Movement Voter Project (MVP) is a best-in-class advising
platform connecting progressive donors to the most effective and
promising grassroots organizations in the country working at the
intersection of movements, community organizing, and elections. We
aim to increase investment in frontline organizations led by the
most impacted communities to increase turnout among the progressive
base, build long-term political power, and ultimately to transform
our country at the local, state, and national levels. In the 2020
cycle, MVP successfully moved over $120 million to over 600 local
groups across the country, focused in the most critical states.
We are organizers, and the heart of our work is organizing
donors through MVP to support local groups in order to build,
sustain, and amplify their impact. We work in service of local
groups, and we try to be aware at all times of the power dynamics
of being a funder and to be careful about incentivizing actions
that could alter an organization’s own priorities; we work hard not
to impose on our partners. We are also striving to continuously
scrutinize and dismantle the ways we manifest and reproduce white
supremacy culture both internally and externally.
We focus on building from our assets, and taking a positive
approach to growth and change that helps groups and donors to feel
comfortable being vulnerable about their areas of improvement. We
believe in a non-competitive, non-divisive, whole ecosystem
approach; we are always seeking opportunities to support and
encourage collaboration among groups and donors.
This position will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the ~60
person (and growing!) team at MVP understands and makes the best
use of our technology products, tools, and data systems. You will
act as the primary steward of MVP’s knowledge management system,
and collaborate with team members across the organization to
document work processes and systems in a central knowledge base.
You will lead trainings and offer 1:1 support. You will help make
sure the data in our systems is well-maintained. You will analyze
data to answer questions from team members. You will also
participate in the planning and implementation of improvements to
MVP’s technology products and systems.
This position lives within the Product & Technology team,
which is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining
technology products and systems across the organization and helping
people use them with ease and delight. You will report to the
Director of Product & Technology and work closely with the
Deputy Director of Product & Technology.
- Knowledge management
- Lead on crafting documentation around proper use of and access
to internal data systems and tech tools maintained by the Product
& Technology team.
- Help staff from other teams at MVP document their processes and
transfer existing documentation into the central knowledge
- Regularly review documentation and reach out to relevant MVP
team members to ensure it stays up to date.
- Trainings and support
- Work with the Deputy Director of Product & Technology to
create and lead group trainings and training videos that help the
MVP team effectively use tech products, systems, and data,
following best practices.
- Offer 1:1 support to team members who encounter difficulties or
- Quickly develop expertise in the tools and systems used at MVP,
in order to be able to offer effective training and support.
- Support with onboarding/offboarding of new/departing staff
around access to and use of data systems and tools.
- Surface user feedback to the Product & Technology team that
is gathered in the course of training and support sessions.
- Data integrity
- Support the Deputy Director of Product & Technology with
ongoing data hygiene procedures related to MVP grantee, grantmaking
and other data stored in Airtable databases.
- Assist with other Product & Technology Team data entry,
review, and cleanup projects.
- Participate in discussions and planning around ways to improve
data management and data hygiene practices across the
- Support other work of the Product & Technology team
- Search for and analyze data from our systems to answer
questions from team members, provide metrics about our work, and
surface new insights.
- Participate in the planning and rollout of improvements to
MVP’s technology systems and products.
- Help monitor and maintain the digital security of our data and
- Generally support the work of the team as-needed.
- 2-5 years experience working with large data sets using
spreadsheets or database software.
- 2-5 years experience teaching others how to do new things
patiently and with clarity.
- Ability to distill complex processes into clearly-written,
- Close attention to detail around data entry and data system
- Ability to quickly achieve proficiency with new procedures,
systems, and software tools.
- Commitment to racial equity and inclusion.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members of
different cultural backgrounds and identities.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities in
a fast-paced remote workplace.
Most great candidates will still not have everything on this
list - that’s OK! If this job posting piques your interest, we
encourage you to apply!
- Experience working with or managing a knowledge base using
software like Intercom, Zendesk, or Hubspot.
- Familiarity with database software, particularly Airtable or
- Experience working with Tableau or similar Business
Intelligence data platforms.
- Familiarity with no-code platforms like Zapier.
- User research, engineering, or product design experience.
- Work and/or volunteer experience with Progressive organizations
Tools we use at MVP (training
opportunities available for each platform): Airtable, Google
Workspace Enterprise, Zoom, Github, Bloomerang CRM, Salesforce,
Clickup, Zapier, WordPress, Google Workspace Enterprise, Civis
Platform, 1Password, Loom, Mobilize, ActBlue, Slack, Calendly,
Compensation: This is a
full-time, salaried position with a base salary range of $50,000 -
$75,000, commensurate with skills and experience, with generous
benefits including employer-paid medical and optional dental and
vision insurance, basic life insurance, 401(k), regular
work-from-home and wellness stipends, and four weeks of paid
vacation, plus holidays.
Location: Fully remote, with
opportunities for optional travel for internal team meetings (1-4
Report to: Director of Product
Movement Voter Project isn’t just an equal opportunity
employer, we’re actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive
team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to
support the incredible diversity of grassroots organizing across
the country. MVP does not discriminate based upon race/ethnicity,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, and any other