Springboard Enterprises is a 22 year-old nonprofit organization
dedicated to the mission of
supporting women entrepreneurs. Our programs and community of
venture capital investors,
entrepreneurs and advisors serve as the catalyst behind some of the
most innovative companies in the Life Science, Digital Health,
Women’s Health, Retail Technology, and Digital
The Associate Director of Development is responsible for
executing Springboard’s strategy for
philanthropic growth with a primary focus on individual giving, and
a secondary focus on
foundation or government grants. You will work closely with the
CEO, the Board of Directors to
identify, solicit, cultivate, and increase general operating and
program support from individuals
and foundations sources, to meet or exceed a fundraising goal of
$1.5 million annually. It is
expected that you will be a collaborative, entrepreneurial,
creative, energetic, and natural
fundraiser and are well-versed in all aspects of the fundraising
loop from cultivation to
solicitation to stewardship and back again. With flexible work
location, as the Associate Director of Development, you will need
to be highly self-motivated and personally accountable. You will
help build a culture of giving that fosters support for
- Works closely with the Board and CEO to develop and cultivate
relationships to achieve individual development goals, support
enterprise goals, and to further our impact, with a focus on
securing donor commitments.
- Leverages volunteers and board members as door openers and
relationship builders and provides support for their outreach via
email campaign development, producing collateral material (decks,
- Oversees the execution of high-level stewardship experience and
recognition programs in order to cultivate new expanded
opportunities; collaborates with program staff on the ongoing
cultivation of existing donor relationships.
- Provide detailed and accurate reports on fundraising progress
to the CEO and Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- Plan and manage donor-related events and programs.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that all
development materials convey a clear, consistent, and effective
message about the mission of Springboard.
- Send timely and accurate acknowledgement letters.
- Create new or update existing communication tools to engage
with donors and prospective donors.
- Utilize social media tools to cultivate interest and excitement
for Springboard programs and outreach to potential funders.
- Create ways to thoughtfully include Board Members in the
- BS/BA or equivalent experience, plus a minimum of 3-5 years
successful experience in fundraising and executive-level
- Exceptional written communication skills as well as poised
communicator in social and business settings.
- Driven and motivated by exceeding goals and expectations.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to gracefully
keep others on track.
- Established ability to build and cultivate relationships and
influence strategies and techniques for high-level corporate
executives, foundations, high net-worth individuals, and diverse
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship, venture capital industry, and
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing
circumstances and priorities.
- Remains composed under stress, handles multiple priorities
tactfully, and delivers on organizational commitments.
- Ability to deeply analyze and integrate information from
- Proficient in CRMs (EveryAction experience a plus), Canva,
Social Media and Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent project management, planning, and organization
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced entrepreneurial-like
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Some travel required
How to apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers competitive compensation including health
insurance, paid vacation, national holidays. Springboard is an
equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all