West Chester University
Director of Events and Communications - Alumni
The West Chester University Foundation has an exciting opening
for an Assistant Director of Events and
Communications to join its dynamic and fast paced
The Assistant Director of Events and Communications –
Alumni is the primary liaison for alumni communications
and executing alumni event and program logistics. This position
will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to
align communication calendars and messaging. This position provides
support and planning for Alumni Engagement to help create events
that will strengthen the relationship of attendees with West
Chester University, WCU alumni and WCU Foundation. This position
will report to the Director of Events and Communications.
What we offer:
We are pleased to offer a competitive salary range of $57,000 -
$59,000 commensurate with experience and ability and includes full
benefit package such as paid time off, medical, dental and life
insurance, and employer contribution to retirement plan along with
Please visit our website at www.wcufoundation.org/employment
to complete an application.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as primary contact, internally and externally, for all
Alumni communication (print, electronic) promoting activities,
events, programs, and alumni/University announcements.
- In conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Manager,
maximize in-person, virtual, digital, and online community
communication/outreach to promote events and develop alumni
engagement. Includes promotional materials and graphic design.
- Oversee the management of the WCU Alumni Association website.
Work with Event Coordinator to ensure online calendars and
registration pages are up-to-date and correct.
- Manage comprehensive social media program to ensure effective
communication with alumni e.g., Meta (Facebook/Insta), LinkedIn,
Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
- Oversee content, scheduling of the monthly e-newsletter
(Ramblings) and alumni profiles for social media; including
research and program development as needed. Examples include, but
are not limited to, Ramblings Live!, WCU Sweethearts, and
Pet of the Week social media campaigns.
- Compose the Class Notes (e.g., Engagements, Marriages, Future
Alumni, In Memoriam) sections of the WCU Magazine.
- Organize, coordinate, and participate in events sponsored by
Alumni Association, Alumni Relations, and Foundation including
Homecoming and Alumni Weekend. Coordinate collaborative alumni
targeted events and programming that further the mission of the
Foundation and University.
- Execute all logistics for assigned events including but not
limited to securing the site, tables, chairs, linens, décor, food,
signage and entertainment and the coordination of staff and
- On-site support for assigned events for troubleshooting and
monitoring flow of events.
- Serve as a technical/AV expert for event and conference spaces
within the building. Assist for virtual/hybrid meeting tools (Zoom,
- Assist with documenting procedures for consistent and efficient
event management and implementation.
- Promote outside rental of on-site meeting space, as
- Maintain positive, collaborative relations with on-campus and
off-campus personnel. Implement responsibilities with an awareness
of the needs of diverse populations. Promote a civil and welcoming
environment for people of all backgrounds.
- Uses independent judgment, strategy considerations and resource
sensitivity to evaluate the effectiveness of current and proposed
events and their value towards the Foundation’s fundraising
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in communications,
preferably in alumni affairs, or higher education/nonprofit
- Experience in developing and executing events.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with a
customer service focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build
- Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Experience in constituent relations.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload. Skill set includes ability to
keep workflow moving as it relates to colleagues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Computer skills must include proficiency in Microsoft Office
(Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint), social media, website
management, and databases. Experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT a
- Knowledge of West Chester University and its mission.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires evening and weekend work.
Typical Work Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office and/or remote environment (40%)
based on manager discretion.
- May work additional hours as needed.
- Ability to travel throughout the US.
- Use of personal devices (cell phone, personal computer, etc…)
may be necessary on occasion to maintain business operations.
To be considered for this position you will need to
apply via our website, www.wcufoundation.org/careers.
No relocation assistance is available for this position.
More about the WCU Foundation can be found at www.wcufoundation.org.
West Chester University Foundation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Applicants for positions are considered without regard to
race, creed, color, country of origin, sex, age, citizenship,
disability, sexual orientation or any other protected
characteristics established by law.