Associate Director of Parent Giving
Primary Purpose: The Associate Director of Parent Giving supports
the Director of Parent Giving to increase Middlebury's
philanthropic support through the development and oversight of a
comprehensive parent fundraising program. Serves as a key point of
contact for Parents Fund Committee members, and collaborates with
Advancement and campus partners as appropriate for the engagement,
cultivation and solicitation of parent donors.
* Collaborates with Director setting the annual fundraising goal,
the recruitment and training of Parent Committee Chairs and
* Oversees, assists and guide the ongoing work of the Parents
Committee, who are themselves prospective donors.
* Develops and executes the calendar of annual appeals and related
print/social media communications to undergraduate parent and past
parents, and collaborates with Annual Giving, Communications, Gift
Services and other support staff as necessary to implement a
successful Parents Fund.
* Acts as a liaison between gift officers and volunteers on
assigned prospective donors on cultivation, solicitation and a
resource for issues parent donors may encounter.
* Maintains ongoing and historic reports as necessary for the
analysis, monitoring, and recording of parent fundraising, and
stays abreast of peer programs and professional practices to
maintain Middlebury’s quality parent fundraising reputation.
* Assists the Director of Parent Giving as needed to maintain a
successful fundraising program and engaged, supportive parent
* Works cooperatively with Leadership Gifts, Principal Gifts,
Alumni and Parent Programs, Admissions, Communications, Donor
Relations, Gifts Administration and other departments on campus and
accepts direction from supervisors.
* Oversees fundraising for the Parents Fund, and is responsible
for reaching the College’s fiscal year dollar goal.
* Coordinates a parent engagement plan including appeals,
newsletters, social media, and web presence and other parent
* Assists gift officers or personally soiicts annual gifts of at
least the minimum 1800 Society level from each committee
* Manages and solicits a pool of leadership prospective
* Coordinates outreach to incoming families to ensure timely
communication and provide opportunities for engagement.
* Assists in organizing parent events, on and off campus.
* Assumes leadership role in Director’s absence.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Evening and weekend work required.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Effective interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to
build strong relationships with prospects, donors, volunteers,
faculty, staff, and administrators.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Knowledge of computer systems, including relational database and
* Experience in annual fundraising within an educational
institution, preferably with understanding of private
5 or more years of experience required
Ability to travel independently and efficiently.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background
check. Information on our background check policy can be found
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/27027
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity,
equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury
recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from
across the United States and around the world. Middlebury
encourages applications from women, people of color, people with
disabilities, and members of other protected classes and
historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites
applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment
to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the