Manager, Donor Communications
Director, Content Strategy
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes
life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care
and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build
on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's
The Parkinson’s Foundation is seeking
an experienced copywriter who will help us engage and grow our
donor community for the position of Manager, Donor Communications.
This position requires three to five plus years of non-profit
experience in a similar role, is open to remote work, and reports
directly to the Director, Content Strategy.
- Manage PF’s offline and online donor communications, from
message development through the final design process. Tailor
messages across multiple audience segments to increase new donors,
improve donor retention and recurring donations.
- Write and edit copy that drives year-round fundraising across
multiple campaigns and departments.
- Create content for direct response, donor impact reports,
annual reports, email solicitations, major donor updates,
stewardship reports, and other donor-related deliverables.
- Work with Communications team leads to collect and develop
patient/caregiver/donor stories from the PF community — including
interviewing sources and writing blog and articles for print.
- Serve as lead writer/editor for peer-to-peer fundraising
communications including Moving Day, Parkinson’s Champions and
- Assist with content development for four-year fundraising
campaign, major donor audience, and special events.
- Collaborate with Development staff to ensure we are providing a
consistent donor experience and communicating in a unified
- Collaborate with Research and Program staff to identify and
illustrate the impact of a donation to the Foundation.
- Translate complex scientific and health issues into clear,
accurate and easy-to-understand content for supporters, donors, and
- Work with Communications team to manage calendar for all donor
communications, print and digital, as well as updating internal
messaging documents for staff.
- Monitor performance of donor communication programs including
welcome series, thank you messages and other
Ability to research, write, fact-check and edit a variety of
communication pieces for target audiences with a minimal amount of
- Bachelor’s degree required with focus on English/Writing
- Minimum of three to five years writing and creating donor
fundraising campaigns in the nonprofit space.
- Superior writing, editing, and oral communications skills, with
a demonstrated capacity for compelling storytelling.
- Demonstrated success developing, managing, and overseeing
marketing and fundraising activities.
- Work collaboratively across diverse teams with strong project
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to liaise with all
stakeholders, including staff, external partners, volunteers,
senior leadership and others.
- Superior organizational skills that reflect ability to work
independently and perform and prioritize multiple tasks and
competing demands with high attention to detail.
- Passion for non-profit work and health care a plus.
- Demonstrates the organizational values of excellence, teamwork,
collaboration, integrity, positivity, dedication, and
Salary for this position is
competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a
comprehensive benefits package is included.
The Parkinson’s foundation is an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and
inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with
All new hires are required to be fully
vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume, cover letter and
salary requirements to email@example.com
Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please
indicate, “Manager, Donor Communications”
subject line. Resumes without cover letters and salary requirements
will not be considered. No phone calls please.