A Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever Development Officer is
responsible for advancing the organization’s mission through the
cultivation and acquisition of philanthropic support. The
Development Officer’s primary responsibility is to develop
successful funding relationships that will help progress the
organization’s strategic priorities. This accomplished working in
collaboration with other team members, volunteers, and partners to
develop new private, corporate, foundation, and public funding
relationships and strategic partnerships with the goal of
accelerating mission accomplishments through delivery of strategic
fundraising initiatives, growing organizational revenue,
diversifying revenue streams, and generating additional funds.
Location negotiable with preference given to locations in or near
- Work cross-functionally with Pheasants Forever and Quail
Forever’s team members to successfully execute and deliver the
Call of the Uplands® comprehensive campaign.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit philanthropic support
from donors, strategic partners, and other funders.
- Build and manage a portfolio of major gifts prospects and
- Advance the organization’s priorities with respect to revenue
growth, policy development, and mission delivery.
- Identify and pursue foundations and corporate entities whose
funding priorities are consistent with our mission, while securing
funding to achieve shared goals.
- Actively lead and participate in partner and donor cultivation
activities designed to increase philanthropic support.
- Use CRM and other software for the purpose of managing
relationships, scheduling appointments, engaging supporters,
researching supporters, delivering events, and reporting
- Develop initiatives consistent with the organization’s
strategies that secure new private, corporate, foundation, and
government funding opportunities.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all team
members, corporate partners, volunteers, agencies, and funders to
ensure an open, collaborative, and inclusive approach to developing
and maintaining programs and funding.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Significant overnight travel involved using personal vehicle,
rental vehicle, commercial air.
- A passion for Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s mission, as
well as knowledge and appreciation for conservation, hunting, and
- B.A. or B.S. degree or higher with significant relevant
business development, fundraising, conservation delivery,
partnership development, or commensurate sales experience.
- Strong fundraising skills preferred in the area of major gift
solicitation, foundation appeals, grant writing, campaign
fundraising, and planned giving.
- Experience cultivating, developing, securing, and stewarding
successful relationships with private, corporate, federal, state,
foundation, and other funding partners.
- An energetic, well organized, detailed, self-starter who has a
strong record of leadership, teamwork, and success.
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability
to collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies, including
principal partners, donors, board members, national team members,
volunteers, and leadership in the field are a must.
- Excellent oral, public speaking, and written
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach effectively.
- A minimum three years of experience in successful fundraising,
partnership development, and/or proven sales experience is
Location: Starting salary and benefits
commensurate with experience and qualifications. Location
negotiable with preference given to locations in or near Austin,
Application Closing Date:
August 19, 2022
Anticipated Start Date:
September 12, 2022
Please combine your cover letter, resume
and three references into a single Word document or PDF file
before uploading to the “Resume” area of your application on our
Recruitment website at http://www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
For more information:
Contact Jordan L.K. Martincich, Pheasants Forever Director of
Development, at 816-560-1070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever
are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified
individual with disability, or any other category that may be
protected by law.