The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a
Development Manager for its
Political Outreach and Development department. AAJ
works to preserve the constitutional
right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a fair chance
to seek justice when they
are injured by the negligence or misconduct of others—even when it
means taking on the
most powerful corporations.
The Development Manager is responsible for creating and supporting
the implementation of fundraising plans and engagement
strategies for the major donor and planned giving programs,
and special projects.
Job duties include:
• Create strategic fundraising plans, foster stewardship, and
manage convention related
• Create and manage a marketing plan for major donor
• Develop and maintain a case and verdict tracking system for
• Plan and execute legislative fundraising and events on an as
• Manage fundraising logistics and lists.
• Lead communications and planning with member-driven
• Provide department support with database and website.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 3 or more years’ work experience in a fundraising
position, preferably for a nonprofit or professional
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, composure,
• Ability to provide high-level customer service, respond quickly
to requests, anticipate members’ needs, and maintain a
• Must be detail-orientated, mission-focused and the ability to
work in a team.
• Project management with ability to manage multiple projects
simultaneously and meet specified timelines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially
Word and Excel. Prior database experience is preferred. Prior
NetForum experience is strongly preferred.
• Travel required for meetings and events (approximately 20%).
*AAJ is currently working a hybrid
**The American Association for Justice (AAJ) requires all
employees to show proof
of vaccination, including booster vaccination. AAJ will
allow for exceptions to
COVID-19 vaccination and booster vaccination based on a
disability accommodation, or religious objection; pregnant
individuals may also
request a deferral if they wish for the duration of the
Unvaccinated staff and staff who have not received the booster shot
exemptions or accommodations will be required to comply with weekly
to follow CDC guidelines for unvaccinated individuals, which may
a mask at all times.
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. AAJ is
an Equal Opportunity
Employer. No phone calls please!