Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, the Associate
Director of Donor Relations is responsible for overseeing the
recognition of donors, ensuring that donors are aware of the impact
of their private support, aiding in fostering long-term
relationships between donors and the Institute, and assisting in
nurturing a culture of philanthropy within the Institute’s various
Position Duties and Responsibilities (90%)
- Develop and coordinate stewardship communications and related
activities to ensure all donors are aware of the impact of their
philanthropic support in a timely and relevant way.
- Create materials and communications relevant to key donor
- Produce reports to track and manage progress.
- Produce bespoke stewardship reports for a curated portfolio of
principal current-use and endowed funds, including acquiring
information on how the funds have been spent, working with fund
beneficiaries and recipients to create compelling stories of
impact, compiling information into narrative donor reports, and
writing and editing appropriate correspondence to accompany
- In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, and
coordination with the Events team, create high-level donor
- Partner with fundraisers to produce stewardship materials to
advance cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Generate regular reports and presentations about stewardship
plans, timelines, and activities for internal and external
- Ensure the timely production of impact reports and
- Lead the project management of an annual report of giving.
- Develop messaging strategy, identify potential stories for
inclusion, and provide feedback on report drafts.
- Help with planning and organizing donor recognition
opportunities to ensure quality and appropriate donor engagement
- Develop strategic framework for utilizing the IAS website to
steward donors; oversee creation of content and ongoing management
to ensure that website is best leveraged to advance donor relations
and Development goals.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement Services
Skills and Abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail, and excellent written and
verbal communications skills required.
- Deep understanding of, and demonstrated ability with,
multichannel donor recognition, including digital and print
reporting, web site development and content management, gift
acknowledgements, recognition societies, events, and bespoke
actions designed to recognize and celebrate giving by the most
generous donors to the Institute.
- The successful candidate will be a collaborative, innovative,
strategic, creative and intellectually curious/broad thinker who
will create and execute new communication and stewardship
strategies that build on the Institute's strong tradition of
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of five years related experience required.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic
donor relations materials, events, and plans.
- Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive
- Strong computer software skills including MS Office, Excel,
Power Point, Canva, databases and networked information
- Excellent analytic skills to ensure data-driven results.
Please note that proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to
work at the Institute.
Individuals are eligible to request an accommodation based on a
medical exemption or profession of sincerely-held religious
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity
institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We
believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity,
recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array
of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective
solutions, to the organization. As a community
dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to
the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which
includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent
retirement plan, and a generous paid time off
program. Interested candidates please apply to
the position at: https://ias.synchr-recruit.com/job/457708/associate-director-of-donor-relations