Are you a nonprofit fundraising and partnerships pro who is
ready to move into a C-suite track
Do you place a high value on being in a diverse, inclusive and
Can you maintain and build strategic relationships with your
charm and smarts?
Then you should seriously consider applying to be Grand St.
Settlement’s inaugural Manager of
Community Relations at a time in our storied history when we’ve
doubled our operating budget ($15
million to $40+ million) in the last five years, while amplifying
our impact on families in the historic
Lower East Side and the highest need neighborhoods of Brooklyn, New
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Coordinate with our Executive Team to identify and develop
strategic partnerships that result in enhanced services, funding
and resources. We are currently providing services in the LES and
in various neighborhoods of Brooklyn.
- Cultivate and maintain a portfolio of current and potential
strategic partners. Proactively establish strong working
relationships and lines of communication with other settlement
houses, nonprofits, NYCHA and other landlords, developers,
corporations, consultants, elected officials, local policymakers,
government agencies, the NYPD, and other neighborhood stakeholders.
Attend and represent GSS at community events and other functions to
promote our programs and services.
- Attend events, community meetings and conferences.
- Communicate regularly with participants and their
- Work with the Communications Manager to leverage social media
to increase visibility and enrollment for GSS programs and
- Create an organizational wide calendar of internal and
community events and share with staff and external partners alike
on a regular basis.
- Assist with large scale community events both internally and
externally; invite community partners and assist with
Institutional Giving and Foundation/Corporate
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with institutional and
- Manage a portfolio of foundation and corporate grants including
research, Letters of Inquiry, proposals, reports, meetings and site
visits, budgets and stewardship including ongoing communication
about Grand St. Settlement and the programs of interest.
- Support the development of annual case statements for
- Maintain a solid working relationship with program staff across
Grand St. Settlement.
- Maintain current records in the database, including grant
tracking and reporting.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
Your Skills & Knowledge:
- You are dynamic, thoughtful, and creative.
- Strong work ethic, problem-solving and organizational
- You take ownership of your work, think strategically, and take
thoughtful action. You are self-motivated but also
- You are comfortable communicating over email, by phone, or in
front of a group of people you don’t know. You listen respectfully
and people like to talk to you. You follow up on
- You understand how to build and strengthen relationships with
- You know how to use a computer, create a spreadsheet, analyze
data, and know how to have fun with social media.
- You may have experience with community organizing, advocacy
work, fundraising, social services programming, and knowledge of
government-funded programs, non-profit finance, and/or grants
- You care about people and the state of the world, and want to
contribute to Grand St. Settlement’s impact and legacy.
Grand St. Settlement is an equal opportunity employer. We
embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that
represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We
strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Our
goal is to have a diverse workforce that is representative, at all
job levels, of the people we serve.
Grand Street requires all potential employees to provide proof
of full COVID-19 vaccination including booster.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining
how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the
position you are applying for. If selected, we ask that you
also provide us with three (3) professional references that we can
contact (at least one (1) professional reference should be from a
former supervisor). Please click on the link provided, or use
the link in a search bar and apply online through our career