DEPARTMENT: Office of University
REPORTS TO: Vice President for University
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Director of Annual Giving
works to inform, engage, and build investment from internal and
external constituencies. This is a fundraising position with
strategic and operational oversight of the annual giving program,
including: days of giving, annual appeals, specialized projects,
and a portfolio of individual annual giving prospects. The
incumbent will focus on gifts between $1,000 and $24,999+ in
support of University needs and priorities with a goal of
increasing annual giving from all sources. This position will also
supervise the Alumni & Social Media Officer who will support
annual giving efforts, serve as the liaison to the Athletics
Department on alumni engagement and annual giving work, and lead
e-news and social media efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree required,
master’s preferred. At least five years+ direct
fundraising/development experience with a proven successful track
record in annual gift solicitation with emphasis on directing an
annual giving program. Experience working within a university
development or advancement organization strongly preferred.
Emphasis on experience working in fundraising/development with
specific focus on annual fund solicitations and
- Goal-oriented, highly motivated development professional with
demonstrated ability to work independently while also being able to
coordinate effectively in a group setting.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately in written
and oral communications.
- Must have strong organizational skills with attention to detail
and timely follow-up.
- Experience in development and/or working with volunteers
preferred. Must be creative and have excellent interpersonal
and customer relations skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge database segmentation, prospect identification,
relationship engagement, data analysis, and predictive modeling
- Ability to manage direct reports and work successfully with
those outside of direct management to accomplish goals.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, focused, and goal-oriented,
with a high level of initiative and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; verbally and in
- Proven ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to
completion, including the ability to build consensus among team
members and balance multiple concurrent priorities.
- Demonstrated analytic and fundraising skills with the ability
to recognize opportunities and identify critical, high pay-off
activities and prioritize them to attain goals.
- Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to
react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Ability to listen carefully to and understand customers’ needs,
both internally and externally, and proactively respond to those
needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Uses high level of judgment and able to maintain
confidentiality; ability to work as part of team
- Spirit of Collegiality – maintains a sense of courtesy,
respect, professionalism, and enthusiasm when interacting with
faculty, staff and students.
- Fosters culture of Mission Statement’s dedication to delivering
a quality experience for our students.
- Exemplifies a positive attitude toward diversity, equity, and
inclusion on campus and in our work.
- Fosters a culture of excellence and working for continuous
process improvements in customer service.
- Shows positive attitude and approach to work
- Uses good and ethical judgment in decision-making that is in
line with Point Park University’s mission/vision, department
objectives, and Code of Conduct.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for planning and directing an annual giving program
to include personal solicitations, direct mail, phonathons, giving
days, on-line, and social media.
- Plan, develop and implement a strategic plan of action with
objectives, timelines, and evaluation plans for the annual giving
program to include: identification, cultivation, and soliciting of
annual gifts from alumni, parents, friends, faculty, and
- Plan and manage crowdfunding campaigns including project
solicitation and selection, content gathering, campaign strategy,
- Develop and manage a comprehensive and aggressive annual fund
plan to boost annual giving a minimum of 5 percent annually.
- Track annual giving progress and pivot to improve
- Manage a prospect portfolio and implement comprehensive
fundraising strategies for direct identification, cultivation,
solicitation and stewardship of individual gifts prospects.
- Develop and implement a personal solicitation portfolio focused
on alumni and parents.
- Work with university faculty and staff representing Athletics,
schools, departments, and programs to identify affinity fundraising
opportunities and corresponding prospects for solicitation.
- Develop and implement a plan of reporting annual giving need,
progress, and impact to University and external constituents, in
the context of the University’s strategic plan and vision. Serve as
an advocate for annual giving programs to staff, faculty, and
potential donors. Ensure the timely and consistent production of
monthly and year-to-date reports.
- Set goals for annual giving campaigns using existing data and
- Attend conferences and professional development workshops as
- Manage the budget for the annual giving program.
- Supervise the Alumni & Social Media Officer.
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and
resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred)
or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference -
DIRECTOR OF ANNUAL GIVING - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word
document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format
All emails submitted will receive an automatic
confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation
email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation
email, utilize the return receipt option built into your
email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume
of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to
respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we
determine that your skills and experience match the position
requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity
further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit
our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity