In collaboration with the CEO of UTEC and the Chief Development
Officer, the Communications Manager has the responsibility for
the development and implementation of a comprehensive advancement
communications program and organizational media relations strategy
that will continue to engage our external audience to advance UTEC
missions and goals.
- Working closely with the Advancement team and UTEC Leadership,
the manager will develop and execute a communications strategy
that includes web, print, digital, and social media communications,
supporting the UTEC Strategic Plan and Advancement goals.
- The successful candidate will ensure that all Advancement
communications are aligned with the UTEC Strategic Plan and
- Uses traditional print, online, social media, and rapidly
evolving digital technologies to develop a multi-channel
Advancement communications program that includes cases for support
and fundraising collateral materials to present fundraising
priorities of the Strategic Plan
- Supports the needs of front-line fundraisers in designing,
writing, and producing fundraising and stewardship collateral
materials such as proposals, cases for support, and donor impact
- Writes and creates communications that align with Advancement
goals and collaborates and communicates regularly with all UTEC
- Balances and prioritizes multiple requests and produces a wide
variety of written materials on behalf of Advancement
- Reviews proofread and approve all Advancement communications to
ensure the high quality and appropriateness of all content and
- Primary responsibility is to ensure that our communication
strategies and tactics are most efficiently utilized in support of
UTEC’s goals and objectives.
- This individual will also be strategic in handling reactive
inquiries from the press.
- Builds positive relationships with local government and/or
business leaders and staff to inform about and engage in local
initiatives, innovations, and discoveries that may be of interest
to the press.
- Developing and implementing media relations strategies designed
to strengthen the reputation of UTEC further.
- Aligning and prioritizing media relations strategy and tactics
in the context of UTEC’s mission.
- Writing press releases, media advisories, opinion pieces, and
letters to the editor on behalf of assigned hospitals and/or
business units UTEC.
- Develop an outreach and engagement strategy with Businesses,
Corporate, and other entities to raise philanthropic funds relating
to the programs on behalf of UTEC
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of formal education, training, or experience
in development or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in creating and/or implementing
strategies that resulted in the growth of the program and
successful results with relationship-based fundraising is
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, have the ability to
self-direct, and be comfortable working with various computer
- Ability to organize time and work in an effective manner and to
prioritize and manage numerous deadlines and tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow
successful interaction with all areas of the organization and with
- Solid interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to
develop and maintain productive relationships at all levels of the
- Work independently and very proactively with minimal
- Comfortable working within an inclusive environment.
Salary: Salary range is $42,000- $60,000.
Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health, and dental (50-85%
subsidized), 3 weeks of paid vacation, holiday and paid
sick/personal time. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health,
and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday and
paid sick/personal time, the opportunity for a paid sabbatical
after 3 years, first-time homebuyers funding, free counseling for
all staff, and unlimited free coffee courtesy of Café UTEC! Please
see www.utecinc.org/jobs for more details.