Assistant Director, Alumni Relations
Associate Vice President, Development and Alumni Relations
This position is responsible for planning, developing and
implementing programs and activities aimed at growing NJIT's alumni
and supporter base, and building alumni engagement. Working under
the supervision of the Executive Director of Alumni Relations, the
person occupying this position will manage, implement and direct
all aspects of the alumni relations program for assigned groups.
They will also serve as a thought leader, presenting regular
updates about alumni engagement to University and Alumni leaders,
and will serve as the point of contact for by alumni, internal
stakeholders, and colleagues.
• Organize and increase engagement with assigned alumni affinity
groups, including regional, class, industry and college-based
• Measurably increase the engagement score of assigned affinity
• Recruit and support volunteer leaders.
• Plan and execute a calendar of events and communications.
• Create opportunities for meaningful engagement of alumni with
current students. • Develop programming to engage alumni with
strategically important areas of the University.
• Collaborate with colleagues to expand philanthropic support for
• Represent the Executive Director of Alumni Relations and the
Office of Development and Alumni Relations in activities on- and
• Represents the Office of Alumni Relations in various meetings
• Maintain and update alumni records in the alumni database.
• Regular overnight business travel is required.
• Basic knowledge of CRM software, such as Blackbaud Raiser's Edge
• Previous volunteer or customer management experience.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Regular evening and weekend work.
• Domestic travel.
• At the university's discretion, the education and experience
prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate
to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of
education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for
success in the position.
• Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge or RE: NXT.
• Previous experience with an alumni or development office.
• Previous event planning experience.
To apply, please visit: https://njit.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/4219?c=njit