KidsPeace is a
140-year-old private charity dedicated to serving the behavioral
and mental health needs of children, families and communities in
seven states. KidsPeace National Centers of
Georgia is a sub-corporation of KidsPeace. The Bowdon campus
sits on 25 acres approximately one hour west of Atlanta. The 80-bed
facility is accredited by the Joint Commission and offers
residential care and treatment services to youth ranging in age
from 12-17 years. It is comprised of four residences serving 20
females and 40 males with a range of mental health, substance abuse
and behavioral issues. Additionally, the campus has a 20-bed
free-standing, self-contained program for males with sexual
An award-winning, accredited school meets the specialized needs
of each child at the campus. Recreational facilities offer
youth the opportunity for healing exercise and play, including a
ropes course that promotes team building and self-confidence, a
swimming pool, gymnasium, and classrooms. Experts at the
campus’s Wellness & Behavioral Health Center provide treatment
(therapeutic and medical) to residents, as well as outpatient
counseling and mental health treatment programs to the community at
KidsPeace Bowdon has an annual budget of over $6 million and
staff of more than 100 employees. It has an active local Board of
Associates that assists in raising philanthropic funds in the
community to supplement program service revenue. For more
information, visit the website at KidsPeace.org.
KidsPeace is seeking an Executive Director of Residential
Services to succeed the retiring leader at the Bowdon campus. The
Executive Director has overall leadership responsibility for
KidsPeace Georgia Residential Programs, overseeing the internal
operations of the organization and ensuring the safety of the kids,
the quality of the programs and all aspects of regulatory
compliance. There is also a strong external-facing component,
including working with the Board of Associates to raise
philanthropic support and nurturing relationships with community
stakeholders and government officials. The Executive Director will
report to the Vice President of Programs at KidsPeace headquarters
in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, and be a part of the national
leadership team. Specific responsibilities and qualifications are
- Advance KidsPeace’s objectives, mission, vision and values by
providing effective leadership in building a culture that
integrates the development of the organization and ensures
standards consistent with KidsPeace philosophies.
- Assure the safety of kids and the quality of programs
consistent with the KidsPeace model of care.
- Assure organizational compliance with all regulatory,
accrediting, licensing, legal, and other authorizing bodies.
- Meet or exceed overall budget targets while maintaining
effective operations and delivering quality services and
- Lead the performance improvement process and optimize
operations to coordinate services, leverage synergies and create
efficiencies. Establish priorities and align resources to increase
margins and focus growth.
- Generate revenue via program expansion and enhancements and
through philanthropic and government sources.
- Oversee the process of new business development and create and
facilitate mergers/acquisitions, strategic alliances and other
- Assure success and meaningful participation in regional
community relations through the Board of Associates, churches,
civic organization memberships and conducting visits with federal
and state officials.
- Work with the Foundation President and Board of Associates to
ensure a vibrant regional fundraising program that includes major
gifts, deferred giving, and other fundraising programs through
donor identification, cultivation and solicitation consistent with
the KidsPeace model and culture of philanthropy.
- Assure excellent regional customer relations, participate in
the development and implementation of a regional annual marketing
plan, and contribute to the overall positive customer relations
efforts of KidsPeace.
- Serve as a key advisor to the VP for Programs on all matters of
organizational operation and the projected impact of anticipated
strategic actions on operations.
Professional Qualifications & Personal
- Passion for the KidsPeace mission of helping children and
families in crisis and a heartfelt desire to give hope, help and
healing to children, adults and those who love them.
- Strong leadership skills to initiate action, make good
judgments, give direction and develop and motivate others.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Exceptional relationship-building abilities with external
stakeholders, including donors, faith communities and public
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented and capable of
creating positive opportunities.
- Collaborative and transparent leadership style.
- Understands and rigorously follows all compliance policies and
procedures of KidsPeace.
- Five years senior leadership experience required (e.g.,
Director, Executive Director, Vice President).
- Significant and successful leadership experience in a
multi-service human services or related organization setting of
significant size and scope.
- Master’s degree in human services or appropriate related
- Minimum of four years of experience in the child care field
Location & Compensation
The Executive Director of Residential Services will be based in
the Bowdon Georgia area. Occasional travel up to 10 percent of work
time will be required.
The salary range for this position is in the $130,000 range.
KidsPeace offers a generous employee benefits package that
- Health insurance plan
- Dental, vision and prescription drug plans
- Flexible spending account
- Life and disability insurance
- Tax deferred 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Legal services plan
- Tuition assistance and student loan forgiveness program
- Relocation assistance
KidsPeace does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
disability, age, religion or national origin.
The search for the new Executive Director is being conducted for
KidsPeace by The Moran Company. To apply for this position, submit
cover letter and resume to Steven Byers through the secure online
portal. For best opportunity of being considered, please apply
before September 16, 2022.
Questions may be directed to Steve Byers, steve.byers (at)