As part of a dynamic and high-performing team, the Senior
Manager, Individual Giving will manage a personal portfolio of
individual donors giving $650 - $5,000 in support of NJPAC
programs and operations. Entrepreneurial and proactive, this role
supports a best-in-class engagement and stewardship program to
build and deepen premium relationships, retain and upgrade
philanthropic support, create a seamless and value-driven donor
experience leveraging NJPAC’s artistic excellence, and advance an
institutional narrative focused on impact, outcomes, and access.
This role serves as a senior member of a high-performing, adaptive
team of fundraising professionals.
NJPAC is America’s foremost urban presenter of arts and
entertainment. We are committed to hiring a diverse and equitable
staff as part of our mission to lead effectively in arts education
for children, to convene useful and enlightening civic events, and
to be a catalyst for economic development in our home city of
Essential Duties and
- Oversee and grow the NJPAC Champions Program, a mid-level
giving program with approximately 180 donors giving between $650 -
$4,999, including solicitations, renewals, stewardship, upgrades
and fulfillment. Responsible for helping to set and then meet
fundraising goals tied to annual fund and any special
- Work closely with the Membership Manager on yearly projections
and all Membership appeals including renewals, calendar year-end,
fiscal year-end, and any special fundraising appeals throughout the
- Develop strong donor relationships and cultivate towards
in-person solicitations; additionally, work closely with senior
staff including CEO and VP, Development as needed to secure
- Creatively steward and upgrade existing donors through personal
visits, organizing meetings with CEO/other stakeholders, ticketing,
“surprise and delight” perks, invitations to program-related
meetings and events, crediting and recognition, and donor benefit
- Manage correspondence, acknowledgements and proposals for
- Collaborate with research and membership staff to identify
mid-level donors with greater capacity to give, and develop
engagement strategies designed to steward donors and maximize
upgrades and conversion.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase donor stewardship
and engagement to create a premium donor experience.
- Working with the Managing Director of Women@NJPAC, develop new,
sustainable strategies to effectively integrate Women@NJPAC donors
and prospective donors into regular fundraising efforts.
- Work with prospect researcher to parse wealth screening data in
order to identify and qualify high net worth individuals, and
develop strategies to engage.
- Update and maintain donor records with contact information,
biographical updates and coding, including Women@NJPAC donors.
- Manage and/or attend evening and weekend events and perform
other duties and assist in special projects as assigned.
- Role supervises Membership Manager and Coordinator, Major
- 3-5 years experience in non-profit individual fundraising, with
demonstrated growth into progressively senior positions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Highly motivated strategic thinker with exceptional written and
verbal communication skills across a range of formats, including
emails, letters, presentations, proposals, and progress
- Ability to build relationships and consensus across internal
- Superior organizational and project management skills, with an
ability to prioritize and to implement systems and follow-up
- Experience with Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, or other CRM
software preferred. Experience with ticketing software a plus.
- Superior customer service and follow-up skills.
- Interest in the arts a plus.
- Evening/weekend work required.
Send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com,
with a subject line of “SENIOR MANAGER, INDIVIDUAL GIVING”.