Let your data skills guide you here.
The largest guide dog school in North
America, Guide Dogs for the Blind relies on our philanthropic
donors to help us achieve our important mission. We’re looking for
a Development Associate to join us at our San
Rafael campus. Key responsibilities of the position include
efficient data entry in Salesforce database, report and information
management, and navigation of several systems to help enhance a
fundraising program currently consisting of 80,000 generous annual
What sets us apart?
- We are a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization supported
entirely by private donations, so your expertise will be
valued and recognized.
- You’ll enjoy being part of our small but mighty
team of Development experts as you brainstorm and discover
new ways to attract donors.
- You’ll feel personal pride in
supporting our mission that means so much to so many.
- You’ll work with passionate people across GDB
who are invested in each other and provide support.
- Our generous benefits package includes
medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, 403(b), generous
paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and great wellness perks like
yoga, circuit training, and an onsite gym.
- You can bring your dog to work!
Your duties will include:
- Receive, process, post, and acknowledge donations in a timely
fashion. Reconcile related data entry activity against accounting
- Manage all Electronic Funds Transfers for scheduled gift
- Perform Database Management functions to ensure accurate data
entry and data maintenance. Functions include import/export, global
data changes, NCOA (National Change of Address) and duplicate
- Assist with email campaign management including responding,
unsubscribing and coding post email sends. Help monitor and
reply/forward messages arriving in “Donations” email
- Maintain the Fundraising Database Procedures Manual by
monitoring and entering additions and amendments as needed. Employ
excellent phone and email coverage serving constituent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar fundraising software a
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Willingness to learn gift processing principles, practices and
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce clear
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work
collaboratively with various teams
- Familiarity with 501c(3) organizations
Guide Dogs for the Blind
At Guide Dogs for the Blind (GDB), we believe that everyone
deserves to move through the world safely and confidently – to live
the life they want to live. As the largest guide dog school in
North America, we have graduated more than 16,000 guide dog teams
from across the U.S. and Canada since our founding in 1942. GDB not
only improves mobility for our clients, we further inclusion. Join
our team of more than 300 employees and share your passion for our
At Guide Dogs for the Blind, we respect, value, and appreciate
all differences. We welcome all qualified candidates irrespective
of your race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status. Individuals with disabilities,
especially those who are blind or visually impaired, are encouraged
to apply. If you have a disability and need assistance and/or
accommodation with applying for a job, please feel free to contact
our Human Resources department.