Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation &
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute is the
sole nonprofit organization created by President Reagan charged
with continuing his legacy and sharing his principles - individual
liberty, economic opportunity, global democracy and national pride.
The Foundation is a non-partisan organization which sustains the
Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley, CA,
the Reagan Center for Public Affairs, the Presidential Learning
Center, The Air Force One Pavilion, the award-winning Discovery
Center and the Reagan Institute, which carries out the Foundation’s
mission in Washington, D.C. The Reagan Library houses over 55
million pages of Gubernatorial, Presidential and personal papers
and over 60,000 gifts and artifacts chronicling the lives of Ronald
and Nancy Reagan. It also serves as the final resting place of
America’s 40th President and his First Lady. www.reaganfoundation.org
Reporting to the Associate Director of Development, the
Development Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the
growth of the annual giving and membership programs of the
organization. In addition, he or she will be responsible for
coordinating membership events and donor stewardship efforts; as
well as supporting key Foundation development initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the Development Coordinator will have the
following duties and responsibilities, as well as any additional
duties hereafter assigned:
- Supports the Associate Director of Development and Director of
Direct Response to grow the annual giving President’s Circle
membership program via renewals, upgrades, recapturing lapsed
donors and recruiting new members.
- Cultivates mid-level $250 - $1000 donors. Carries out research
and wealth-screening of donors in portfolio and creates a moves
management plan for donors.
- Oversees membership relations including responding to donor
inquiries, taking event registrations, organizing museum tours, and
accepting credit card donations. Provides quality customer service
to all donors.
- Manages and orchestrates events (average two per month)
including guest speaker with dinner events, book-signings, exhibit
openings and virtual and in-person gatherings.
- Writes copy for event invitations, collaborates with graphics,
IT and marketing to ensure President’s Circle members receive
notification of upcoming events.
- Oversees event registration for VIP’s and President’s Circle
members. Works closely with development staff, event team and
catering to track and finalize reservation numbers.
- Ensure appropriate briefing materials are provided on a timely
basis to support the Associate Director, ED, CDO and other staff
involved in events.
Donor Acknowledgment and Recognition
- Works closely with development assistant to ensure proper donor
acknowledgment and stewardship processes are in place.
- Fulfills President’s Circle membership welcome and benefit
- Works closely with development staff to fulfill donor
recognition initiatives including naming of benches on campus,
plaques, etching on donor wall, certificates etc.
Database Management & Reporting
- Enters and updates all major gifts and pledges. Electronically
files all major gift paperwork and attaches it to donor records in
- Produces donor reports and analyses as requested.
- Updates the weekly dashboard, provides gift reports for finance
and development teams, and gift reconciliation as needed.
- Demonstrates behaviors in concert with the Foundation’s
mission, vision, values, policies, and procedures. Adhere to
strict confidentiality policies in handling donor
- Builds and maintain positive working relationships and
communications with all Foundation constituencies.
- Actively participate as a member of the Development team;
attend department meetings and events; support the department’s
overall fundraising efforts.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of demonstrated success in management and
implementation of annual giving and membership programs in a
significant non-profit organization preferred.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in effect for all
- Working knowledge of donor and prospect database management,
especially Salesforce or similar system, MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to create and nurture
relationships with a variety of donors and prospects and to develop
appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies for key
individuals and categories of donors.
- Experience coordinating special events.
- Demonstrated proficiency in both written and verbal
- Ability to articulate the case for support and interact with
Board members, donors and prospects at a high-level.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Characteristics of the work environment and physical demands
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a non-exempt full-time hourly position; some evenings
and weekend events are required; the position is eligible for
- This position offers an hourly salary commensurate with
experience, plus excellent benefits including vacation,
health/dental benefits, and the opportunity to participate in a
- The position will be located at The Ronald Reagan Presidential
Foundation and Institute, Simi Valley, California.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.