About the Opportunity
The Stakeholder Engagement and Operations Manager will support
and partner with ONE’s exceptional Development Team on external and
internal facing bodies of work that are vital for successful
resource mobilization to support ONE. This includes a number of
critical, cross-team functions and approaches that optimize all
cultivation and stewardship efforts with our external stakeholders,
as well as effectively liaising with teams internally at ONE that
play an integral part in enabling the success of the organization’s
resource mobilization strategy.
This is a full-time, exempt opportunity based in our Washington,
DC office and reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer
In this role, you will
The duties and responsibilities of this role are broken up into
three (3) primary categories: Development Events; Strategic
Development Communications; and, Database Management and
- Responsible for creating and implementing Development’s global
donor events strategy. Lead on the delivery of an annual calendar
of events (virtual and in-person), that address various prospect
cultivation and funder stewardship needs. Practically, this means
the full cycle of coordination and delivery in ONE’s North American
markets, while mostly supporting the delivery of events in other
ONE markets globally.
- At the direction of the CDO and other Development leaders,
design and execute the program of events and activities for ONE’s
15-member Global Leadership Circle (GLC), ensuring that this
high-profile and engaged group of supporters remain connected and
close to ONE’s mission and work including, but not limited to
large-scale, in-person receptions on the heels of the GLC and Board
meeting that gathers key stakeholders, funders, prospects, talent,
and SLT contacts.
- Responsible for strategizing, coordinating, and executing
high-profile international events that bring together a
thoughtfully curated group of funders, prospects, Board members,
GLC members, and guests outside of the ONE network.
- Responsible for event related logistics including budget and
Strategic Development Communications:
- Responsible for creating and implementing a donor communication
strategy with Development’s key external relationships, ensuring
there is a regular, impactful schedule of engagement that shares
information and insights from across ONE’s activities
- Responsible for tracking/editing of Executive Office Team
updates to tailor and fit for purpose ahead of being pushed out by
their team to ONE stakeholders to ensure communications strategies
are synced/consistent across multiple teams.
- Project manage the preparation, submission off bespoke donor
communications including working across teams to compile
appropriate narrative and content for the creation of compelling
solicitation materials and Annual Reviews; and ensure that all
materials have an appropriate narrative, tone, consistent voice,
and demonstrate an understanding of the donor’s/prospect’s
interests and intent.
- Run queries and reports within the CRM that enable a
sophisticated segmenting of data so that ONE Development’s
communications can be highly targeted and tailored.
Database Management and Reporting:
- Working closely with the CDO, responsible for the compilation
and presentation of reliable and timely qualitative and
quantitative data and trend analysis that supports the strategic
and tactical planning and overall effectiveness of the ONE
- Function as the CRM (RENXT) lead, supporting and guiding
effective use of the system across the team so that it efficiently
supports all resource mobilization efforts, including performing
quality control on data entry and management, record keeping
- Responsible for troubleshooting any issues across any team
currently in the CRM quickly and efficiently.
- Responsible for onboarding staff across ONE to the CRM as
- Responsible for pulling reflective and forecasting revenue
reports for both internal and external case use by Senior
Leadership and Finance. Responsible for pulling figures for the
Board presentations, Board updates, any committee presentations,
regular reports for our Director of Financial Planning &
Analysis, high-level team analysis, etc.
- Responsible for backend CRM gift entry to ensure proper
tracking of funding, including entry, reconciliation, and
acknowledgment processes for all funding commitments made to
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Development Team’s
bespoke RENXT training manual. Work proactively with RENXT staff to
embed/upgrade new functions in the CRM.
- Responsible for supporting organization-wide scale-up of
current CRM, which is critical to maintain the integrity of
Development, B Team, and Executive Office Team as other colleagues
migrate data and having various permissions in the system.
- Responsible for conducting research projects, curating lists of
new prospects, relationship mapping, etc. as briefed/commissioned
by the CDO and Development portfolio managers, to help build and
maintain ONE’s pipeline of potential and current funders.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to identify
and understand opportunities arising from ONE’s work globally that
have the potential to form an inventory of fundable opportunities
available to existing and potential supporters.
- Responsible for hiring and daily supervision of team interns,
- Additional duties as assigned.
What you bring to ONE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Six or more years of demonstrable
and relevant professional experience within a sophisticated,
multichannel fundraising team, either in a front-line fundraising
role or in an administrative/support/project management role
- Experience of leading the following critical areas for a
fundraising team: communications, strategic events, CRM and data
management, and to a lesser extent research for business
development. Previous experience using RENXT highly preferred.
- Experience of managing projects, e., effectively defining a set
of goals and success criteria and managing the achievement of these
criteria within a specific timeline.
- Superior writing skills, with evidence of writing/editing for
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage a
variety of audiences
- Experience as an end user or administrator of one of the main
fundraising CRM software (Examples include Blackbaud and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with an ability to grasp
and navigate essential software used within a global fundraising
team (Examples include Excel and Tableau)
- Ability to use data and other information sources to inform
critical thinking, guide decision-making and provide reporting
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight
deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease
alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable
interest in the causes ONE supports
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration
in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, analytical and self-motivated
- Collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building
- Takes action and is results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required. Proficiency in other languages
highly preferred such as French and German.
Occasional domestic and/or international travel required,
expected up to 15%.
Hybrid workplace environment with option to work @office or
@flex. Must be available to work in-office 3 days/week. Business
needs and team schedules may dictate specific days per week you
need to work in the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to
applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an
accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job,
they may request it orally or in writing (please email
email@example.com). ONE will process requests for reasonable
accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where
appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and
backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests
you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great
candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection
and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and
priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank
all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected
for an interview will be contacted.