The Assistant Manager will advance the philanthropic mission of
Connecticut Children's by leading a robust patient ambassador
program and assisting with the stewardship initiatives of
Connecticut Children's Foundation. The Assistant Manager will
support donor relations through creative, thoughtful and compelling
communications, both in written and digital formats.
- Manage and grow an effective Patient Ambassador program to
support the marketing and communications needs of the Foundation
for the purpose of inspiring donors to support Connecticut
Children’s through philanthropy.
- Assess effectiveness of and retain current patient
- Identify, thoroughly vet and recruit new patient
- Establish a secure, shared and effective system to track
current and former patient ambassadors.
- Create and implement internal standards for the fair and
effective deployment of patient ambassadors for external
marketing/event support activities.
- Develop materials and provide training to aid patient
ambassador families in the knowledgeable execution of their
- Serve as liaison to the wider Medical Center community for
patient ambassadors/families engagement with the Foundation.
- Receive, assess and coordinate all Foundation requests for
patient ambassador appearances in connection with fundraising
- Assist with donor recognition events, endowed position
installations and naming dedications.
- Manage the Foundation’s Mini Internship program and develop
other high-impact donor engagement initiatives.
- Assist with donor acknowledgement using timely, effective,
appropriate and consistent methods.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Supervisory Duties (if applicable)
No formal supervisory duties currently exist, however, the
Assistant Director may have the opportunity to supervise
college-level interns at various times of the year.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Required and minimum three years experience
in donor relations, development, stewardship, advancement services
or related field.
- Previous experience interacting with donors required.
License and/or Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Adobe Acrobat DC pro
- Publicly licensed video creation software (i.e. Canva, Filmora,
- Salesforce or similar CMS.
- Clear and compelling, donor-centric writing, for both business
communications and stewardship/impact reports.
- Using shared resources and technology to plan, organize and
execute complex events and activities.
- Building and sustaining positive relationships with patient
families for the purpose of activating them in support of
fundraising and stewardship activities.
- Manage multiple, complex project simultaneously.
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, in a clear, professional
and appropriate manner with clinical staff, colleagues, donors,
parents and patients.
- Think creatively and execute projects to surprise and delight