The American Associates of the National Theatre
(AANT) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, based in New York,
that promotes and supports the work of the National Theatre in both
Great Britain and the United States. Since 2005, the AANT has
granted more than $25 million to the National Theatre, providing
essential funding which supports the NT’s mission to develop
world-class productions with affordable ticket prices, while
reaching out to artists and audiences of the future through
extensive education programs.
Purpose of the Job
The Individual Giving Manager will work closely with the Head of
Individual Giving to administer our nation-wide AANT Membership
program, which represents approximately $1 million in contributed
revenue each year. They will cultivate, solicit, and steward
individual supporters, focusing on strategies to attract new
prospective members and increase support from existing donors.
- Work with Head of Individual Giving to strategically build AANT
membership program, with focus on acquisition of new
- Manage a portfolio of AANT members giving up to $5,000 annually
and building relationships with donors and prospects to retain and
increase their level of support.
- Stewardship of AANT members, including working with the NT
Development office on coordinating NT and Broadway ticket booking,
backstage tours, restaurant bookings etc.
- Conduct regular in- person meetings and Zoom/phone calls with
current and prospective members.
- Act as primary point of contact for AANT members and ensure the
highest possible standards of customer service are maintained, with
a view to encouraging renewal of donations and increased
- Manage membership communications, including quarterly
newsletters, monthly membership renewals, recruitment campaigns,
and annual appeals.
- Work closely with AANT Events team to ensure smooth running of
Supporters’ Events season, including managing invitations schedule
and coordinating invitation lists, acting as the main point of
contact for RSVPs, assisting with running of events and managing
donor follow up after events.
- Compile research and briefing notes on donor meetings for Head
of Individual Giving and Director of Development, as well as NT
Senior Development team when taking meetings in the US.
- Maintain donor records and regularly update donor listings for
NT programs, donor boards, and AANT website.
- Update membership information on the AANT website and marketing
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of
Individual Giving, Director of Development and AANT
This position reports to the AANT Head of Individual
Skills and Attributes
- Four to five years of relevant experience, with strong
interpersonal and relationship building skills. Proven track record
of closing gifts at the $1,000+ level highly desirable
- Excellent organizational skills, with impeccable attention to
detail, the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and plan
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; ability to translate
complex ideas and strategies into clear, concise, and compelling
- Ability to communicate with a range of people at all
levels – over the telephone, in writing and in person
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in a
fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft
Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams. Experience with email manager (Word
Fly, Mail Chimp, etc) highly desirable. Tessitura knowledge a
- Proven analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
- Goal-oriented and highly motivated, with a positive, can-do
- Passion for and knowledge of the arts and theatre, as well as
interest in and commitment to the overall aims of the National
Terms and Conditions
Contract Type: This is a permanent,
Hours: 5 days / 35 hours per week.
Occasional evening and weekend hours may be necessary, both with
notice, to fulfil the post’s requirements. Time off in lieu can be
taken for these hours.
Salary: $55,000 per annum, paid
Location: 247 West
30th Street, New York, NY 10001 (Hybrid working)
Annual Leave: 15 days in the first year,
increasing with length of service, up to a maximum of 20
Probationary Period: 3 months
Notice Period: 1 month
Health Insurance: Provided after 3 months
in the position. Covered in full by the AANT, including medical,
dental and vision.
401k: Provided after 3 months in the position –
employees can opt to contribute up to 6% of basic pay and the AANT
will make a matching contribution
Other benefits: Life insurance
covered in full by the AANT. Complimentary tickets for NT Live
screenings and New York transfers of National Theatre productions,
subject to availability. Theatre ticket allowance for other
discounted shows, subject to approval.
Applicants should submit their resume, along with a
cover letter in one document to email@example.com by
12:00pm ET on Thursday September 15,
2022, quoting Individual Giving
Manager in the subject line. Interviews will be
conducted on a rolling basis. Ideal start date is October 2022.
AANT is an equal employment opportunity employer and is
committed to providing a work environment that is free of
discrimination and harassment (including sexual harassment) based
upon any protected characteristic. AANT does not discriminate for
reasons of race, color, creed, religion, age, marital status,
membership in a domestic partnership, veterans or uniform service
member status, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, ethnic or national origin, mental or
physical disability, genetic information, medical condition,
history of domestic violence or assault, caregiver status, or any
other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and
local laws. AANT ensures equal and fair treatment of any employee
or applicant with known mental or physical disabilities.