are a dedicated Chief Development Officer that will help us set the
direction and ensure the longevity of The Arc of the Capital Area
through donor development. You are dedicated to serving individuals
with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and furthering
The Arc of the Capital Area's mission. You want to make a
difference in people's lives to ensure that they are integrated
into the community and have innovative quality services
have education and experience working in the development field that
will help increase the revenue by 40% over the next three years.
You have experience in high-touch stewardship and donor recognition
programs and design a strategic development plan. You have
leadership experience that will guide the team in supporting these
are a motivated individual that can solve complex problems with a
passion for philanthropy. You have the capability to raise
awareness of the organization and its primary goals through
outreach efforts, regular events in the community, publications,
and media relations.
- Immediately assess the “state of play” of in-process
fundraising efforts and support those efforts as needed. Review the
current fundraising support infrastructure to ensure that the
organization can respond quickly, effectively, creatively, and
contextually to long-term financial requirements and short-term
- Serve as principal fundraising strategist for driving
significant growth in contributed revenue.
- In collaboration with CEO and COO develop a comprehensive,
data-driven fundraising plan that includes donor segmentation,
objectives for individual and institutional fundraising and success
metrics, identification of staff and board who will be actively
involved in identifying, cultivating and stewarding relationships
with existing and new donors, and donor recognition programs.
- Ten+ years’ fundraising experience with a sizable,
high-performing organization that includes capital, endowment,
annual fund, and event elements; demonstrated success in securing
major gifts will be an advantage, as will experience identifying
and stewarding long-term relationships with donors with evolving
- Demonstrated skills in motivating, directing, and managing
staff and consultants and in coordinating and supporting the
fundraising activities of others, including current lay leadership
and alumni leadership; outstanding interpersonal skills.
- An exceptional communicator, both in writing and orally; a
person who gets energy from connecting with individuals, aligning
the case for support, and creating opportunities for
- Possess excellent organizational skills, high energy, strong
project management skills, and ability to manage multiple
responsibilities simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Establish a balanced mix of donor sources and fundraising
programs to attract and retain donors and fundraising
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate
the efficacy of the fund development program.
- Maintain accountability and ensure compliance with all
regulations and laws and the code of ethics for fundraising
- Help to recruit, train, and motivate fundraising
- Maintain donor and financial records in accordance with general
accounting and fundraising standards.
- Oversee development software and donor database.
- Create and maintain and marketing plan to communicate our
events, mission and goals.
- We offer competitive salaries for this position
- Home office Stipend
- Hybrid model position
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- The Arc also offers a 403(b) retirement with employer
- 6 weeks of PTO your first year Plus,
- We’ll pay you for our 16 agency holidays
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Program
- Priority of Flexible work life balance
See the full job posting here: https://www.canva.com/design/DAFKGFBlm1g/e0hr2Y0GplVdB3ir29Ghpg/view?utm_content=DAFKGFBlm1g&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink