Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation
dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and the
effective advancement of social justice for all people. We ground
our work in our respect for the inherent worth and dignity of every
person, and we prioritize the advancement of racial, gender, and
economic justice across all our programs. Through domestic and
international grantmaking, Wellspring strives to cultivate
accountable social systems and structures that uphold human
dignity, strengthen agency, and advance equity for all people, and
to contribute to making real change that matters. As responsible
stewards, we strive to maximize the impact of our charitable
investments and make a tangible difference in shifting conditions
that materially affect people’s lives. Wellspring has offices in
New York, NY and Washington, DC. For more information, please visit
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks an Assistant to join its
Information Technology Team. The Information Technology Assistant
is responsible for providing comprehensive technological support to
a diverse and highly mobile professional work force, with main
offices in DC and New York. This position is based in Washington,
The Assistant, who will report to the Deputy Director of
Information Systems and Security is responsible for supporting and
proactively maintaining the day‐to‐day IT, AV and Security
infrastructure of a state‐of‐the‐art office environment, including
responding to both remote and hands‐on Help Desk related tasks. The
right individual for this position will be meticulous, forward
thinking, highly motivated, and truly thrive on helping others to
• Responsible for addressing tier 1 tickets as well as reassigning
tier 2 and 3 tickets to other IT members and/or vendors, as
• Work with NY IT Assistant to ensure IT invoices are paid in a
timely manner and the IT vendor/accounts tracking system is kept up
• Day to day responsibilities will include deploying and
maintaining computer hardware, software, mobile devices, managing
IT assets, promoting IT policy and security practices, and training
and assisting staff with the use of technology.
• Quickly identify, research, and resolve technical problems by
leveraging the use of approved resources.
• Help support and develop the company intranet, leveraging the
capabilities of SharePoint to create workflow and knowledge
• Establish relationships with employees and key internal and
external stakeholders to ensure technology solutions are delivered
to meet business needs.
• Support information security initiatives and ensure the safe
utilization, flow, and storage of Wellspring information by
applying the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and
• Attend trainings and conferences to develop both technical and
soft skills required to fulfill core responsibilities of supporting
and protecting Wellspring’s information systems.
• One to three years of experience supporting a Microsoft Windows
environment (Servers, Desktop, and Office 365) including iOS
• Able to operate effectively within a globally dispersed, complex,
highly collaborative organization.
• Strong written and oral communication skills as well as the
ability to effectively communicate solutions with both passion and
clarity to non‐technical audiences.
• Thoughtful in assessing the need for improving IT and adept at
presenting a business case for change to upper management.
• Able to support all internal Information and Communications
technology systems and respond to users’ needs in a timely manner
with a dedication and ability to provide the highest level of
technical customer service.
• Highly adaptable and can think strategically and creatively in an
• Comfortable with working independently in a dynamic environment
while managing competing projects and priorities.
• Comfortable working outside of normal business hours from time to
time to complete projects or respond to security incidents that may
• Knowledge of modern computer networking technologies.
• Able to handle confidential client information with complete
• Fluent in Windows, Office, iOS, and cloud technologies and
experience working with Active Directory.
• Experience with cloud‐managed network and mobile device
• Experience supporting enterprise level video conferencing systems
– knowledge of Polycom room systems, Crestron and Bluejeans a
experience is not a requirement, but a plus.
• Available to travel between DC and NY monthly, to travel to
domestic conferences as needed, and internationally once a year (as
needed and conditions permitting).
• Understands and values social justice, including racial and
gender equity as an organizational operating principle – and is
committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender,
equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• IT certifications such as ITIL, CompTIA A+, MCSA and/or
• Attained or actively pursuing a college degree in Computer
Science, Information Systems, or relevant field of study.
• Administration of Microsoft SharePoint infrastructure including
workflows and site development.
• Previous experience in the nonprofit and philanthropic
• Knowledge of PowerShell, Group Policy and administration of
Office 365 a plus.
• Experience developing and implementing end user trainings.
• Experience supporting grant management databases.
• Experience delivering technology for an organization with staff
who travel frequently, including to remote locations with limited
IT resources and internet bandwidth.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required for the position. The team member may be required
to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from
time to time, as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary of $75,000 - $79,000 commensurate with experience.
Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including
payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and
80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners and qualified
family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including
life insurance, long‐term disability protection, a group 401(k)
retirement plan (with an employer contribution), support for
continuing education, and is committed to providing transgender‐
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE
Wellspring's Offices have returned to in-person work using a hybrid
model. Staff are required to be fully vaccinated and to work from
the office Tuesday - Thursday and have the option to work remotely
Monday and Friday. To ensure the safety and well-being of our
employees, we will continue to monitor the situation and follow the
recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and
HOW TO APPLY
For employment consideration, please submit application to
firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: “DC-IT Assistant-- [YOUR
Applications must include the following attachments (all in PDF
• a resumé;
• a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this
opportunity, what attracted you to the position and salary
requirements (must specify actual amount and range)
No phone calls please.
NOTE: All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United
States at the time of hire to be considered for this position.