LOVE146 VISION: The end of child trafficking and
exploitation. Nothing less.
REPORTS TO: Chief Programs & Strategy Officer
BENEFITS: Comprehensive medical coverage; fifteen (15) paid
vacation days annually; five (5) paid sick days annually; paid
holidays per Love146 schedule; Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
month-long paid sabbatical after five (5) years continuous
employment; employee-funded benefits: voluntary vision, voluntary
dental, voluntary long-term disability, voluntary short-term
disability, and 403(b) plan.
LOCATION: Remote (Hybrid if near a Love146 office location
- CT, NC, TX, GA)
SALARY: $80,000-$85,000 annually
TRAVEL: 3-4 domestic trips annually
OVERVIEW: Love146 is seeking a mission-driven and
experienced grants professional to manage all aspects of the
organization’s government and foundation grants portfolio. As the
lead writer on proposals and reports to major institutional donors,
the Senior Grants Manager will play an essential role in growing
the organization’s grants portfolio year-over-year, and serving as
an ambassador with funders and other community partners. A
successful candidate will be experienced, resourceful, and
independent with compelling and persuasive communication
skills. The position is also responsible for stewarding
funders and ensuring that all grant reporting is done in a timely
and accurate manner.
LOVE146’s COMMITMENT TO EQUITY: Our vision is the end of
child trafficking, which compels us to continually operate from a
posture of learning and growing. Love146 seeks to enhance the
innovation and creativity, greater productivity, and employee
satisfaction that derive from a well-managed, equitable, and
accessible workplace. To read our full statement, please
Prospect Research and Relationship Development
- Conduct targeted research to identify new institutional funders
and grow the existing pipeline of funders to ensure that Love146
maintains a robust, diverse government/foundation portfolio.
- Develop relationships with new prospects that lead to
concrete funding requests and build Love146’s reputation within
- Build a network of potential funders – including those
that already fund anti-trafficking work and those that fund
relevant adjacent issue areas – through proactive outreach,
cultivation, site visits, and meetings/presentations.
- Maintain a current pipeline of prospective opportunities to
inform development revenue planning and guide grant strategy.
Grant Writing (40%):
- Oversee government and foundation proposal development across
all organization initiatives as lead project manager and technical
- Collaborate with programs, finance, operations, and development
staff to create compelling grant proposals and funding
- Develop and articulate project designs that are consistent with
RFPs/funder guidelines and support program goals as outlined in
- Coordinate with relevant staff in order to solicit timely and
appropriate input, support documentation, and review of grant
proposals prior to submission deadlines.
- Conduct all administrative duties for grant submission,
including ensuring that grants are submitted on time and include
all required information.
- Develop standard proposal language for general operating
support and programs.
Grants Management (25%):
- Develop an annual plan each fiscal year, in alignment with the
organization’s strategic plan and in support of the organization’s
mission and vision.
- Cultivate relationships with funders and serve as the primary
point of contact for all grant-related activities.
- Steward existing funders toward renewal applications through
sound grants management in accordance with grant agreements.
- Keep relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and
deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work
- Collaborate with the finance department on invoicing,
accounting, reporting, budget plans and allocation, and other
administrative functions to ensure successful execution of the
- Collaborate with IT and programs departments to provide
detailed reports to the funders and management with respect to the
- Collaborate with the Finance team on any special audits
conducted by grantors.
- Produce monthly reports on all grant activities, and provide
additional reports/information as needed.
- Provide training to appropriate staff on grants management and
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants
Data Integrity (5%)
- Manage the development database (Salesforce CRM) to ensure that
data is up-to-date and accurate.
- Maintain records of all government/foundation interactions e.g.
grant agreements, report requirements, or documentation of calls
- Design and manage ongoing development of the grant prospecting
and monitoring system to meet the needs of the Development
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting,
Economics, Government Public Policy, English, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience writing and managing grants.
- Successful track record of securing grant funding to support
- Knowledge of child trafficking and the anti-trafficking
- Willingness to embrace Love146’s commitments to diversity,
equity, and inclusion and incorporate it within the grants
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proficient collaborative, interpersonal, written and verbal
- Ability to complete projects accurately and within
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proficient with relational databases, Salesforce preferred or
other grants management systems.
- Learner Attitude
- Change Management
- Goal Orientation/Goal Setting
The incumbent must spend long hours sitting, using office
equipment and performing computer operations, which requires
intense mental and visual concentration and eye hand
coordination. The incumbent is required to deal with a wide
variety of people on various issues.
Love146 is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.