The New York Philharmonic connects with up to 50 million music
lovers each season through live concerts in New York and around the
world, as well as broadcasts, recordings, and education programs.
The 2022–23 season marks a new chapter in the life of America’s
longest living orchestra with the opening of the reimagined David
Geffen Hall and programming that engages with today’s cultural
conversations through explorations of HOME, LIBERATION, SPIRIT, and
EARTH, in addition to the premieres of 16 works. This marks the
return from the pandemic, when the NY Phil launched NY Phil
Bandwagon, presenting free performances across the city, and
2021–22 concerts at other New York City venues.
The New York Philharmonic seeks a Prospect Research
Manager to conduct tactical research, prospect for new
donors, and oversee Moves Management.
- Develop methods to analyze data for effective prospecting.
- Regularly pull, upload, and review wealth screen data of new
donors and ticket buyers to optimize results.
- Build systems to rank prospects and develop strategies to use
- Assist Development staff with strategic list pulls for
- Meet with Gift Officers to provide recommendations on
solicitation strategies and conduct portfolio reviews.
- Maintain and evolve the Moves Management system in Tessitura
and help lead monthly review meetings.
- Review concerts for best prospects and standardize distribution
of prospects to Development Staff.
- Prepare prospect lists for regular assignment to Development
- Work with the Campaign team to highlight and research prospects
for multiple Campaigns.
- Prepare research for the President & CEO, Executive Staff,
SVP of Development, and Board of Directors members as needed.
- Conduct in-depth profiles on current and prospective donors
- Supervise research staff to ensure the team delivers timely and
- Manage the Research Team’s budget.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an
inclusive working environment is required.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with minimum of three years of Prospect
Research or Prospect Management experience. Excellent
organizational and analytical skills, with a keen attention to
detail. Strong written and verbal skills. Ability to produce under
deadlines and work independently and efficiently. Proficiency in
Microsoft Office and Tessitura or similar CRM database.
The New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits package to our full-time employees
- Medical Dental and Vision coverage
- Employer contributions to the 403(b) plan after one year of
- Employer paid Life and Disability insurance
- 12 Holidays
- 20 Vacation days in 3rd calendar year of employment
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary
expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we
will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.
The New York Philharmonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of age, immigration or
citizenship status, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender
identity, marital and partnership status, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, veteran or active military service
member or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
local laws in its employment policies.