Operations Coordinator for One Voice Mixed
Purpose of Position: The Operations
Coordinator manages One Voice administrative operations,
volunteers, and digital communications.
Skills: Technology savvy, strong written
and verbal communication skills, ability to collect and enter data
accurately, organized and detail oriented. Ability to manage
multiple priorities simultaneously and hit deadlines. Resourceful
problem solving and motivation to improve processes. Passion for
the LGBTQ community and a sense of humor!
Time Commitment: Full-time salaried
position. Variable work schedule and work environment, which
included business hours M-F, rehearsal on Monday nights, and
occasion evening and weekend commitments. Full COVID vaccination
status is required.
Mission: One Voice Mixed Chorus is
Minnesota’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and allies
community chorus with a mission of building community and creating
social change by raising our voices in song.
Compensation: $37,000 - $45,000 depending
on experience. Full-time, salaried position with health and
How to apply:
We want to get to know you! One Voice believes each candidate’s
professional and personal backgrounds are
valuable. Tell us who you are beyond your resume. What are your
strengths and experiences and how are they a good fit for this
position and for One Voice Mixed Chorus?
- A resume outlining your skills, training and
- A submission of your choice that introduces us to who you are
and why you are applying for this position (a cover letter or short
video). Note: videos or recordings should be no more than 3 min in
length. Submit a link if larger than 5 MB.
- Title each document and attachment with last name-first
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applicants will begin September 21. The position will
remain open until filled.
One Voice Mixed Chorus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. One
Voice will recruit, hire and promote without regard to sex, race,
color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic
information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable law.
Job Summary: The Operations Coordinator
oversees the administrative operations of the organization and is
the primary staff liaison with the chorus and volunteers. This role
includes both significant data entry and support of two directors
in a small team.
-Manage organizational operations
- Maintain patron database and generate reports
- Coordinate with bookkeeper and/or third parties for month end
- Manage and update office and rehearsal systems (phone,
calendars, software, rosters, etc.)
- Track donations and deposits
- Coordinate rehearsal space set-up and clean-up
- Assist Executive Director and Artistic Director as
-Digital Communications (25%)
- Maintain and update website
- Manage social media platforms and communications
- Basic video editing
- Send donor pledge reminders, acknowledgments, and
- Provide weekly updates to the chorus via newsletter and/or
-Singer and Volunteer Engagement
- Serve as staff liaison to the Membership Committee and primary
contact for singers
- Recruit, schedule and manage chorus volunteers for office and
- Gather materials for board meetings and send meeting
- Coordinate bi-annual auditions with Membership
- Coordinate annual volunteer recognition
-Event Management (10%)
- Track invitations and attendance for events
- Coordinate on site logistics
- Manage front of house for concerts (2-3 weekends per
- Weekly staff meeting
- Major concerts, special events, and occasional community
- Monday night rehearsals (7-9pm)
- Monthly Membership Committee meeting (generally a weekday
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, and
budgets time in an efficient and productive manner.
- Attention to detail. Ensures important details
don’t slip through the cracks and checks for accuracy.
- Open communication. Asks for help when needed and
communicates changes to projects in a timely manner.
- Technology savvy. Capable of learning new software and
- Commitment to One Voice mission and LGBTQ empowerment.
Enjoys working in diverse communities and strives to build
community and create social change.
Here are some of the values and practices we seek to make part
of all of the work that we do:
- Promoting the mission of One Voice Mixed
Chorus: Every member of our staff and contractor team
supports our mission of building community and creating social
change by raising our voices in song.
- Practicing flexibility, respect, and
care: One Voice is a small office with 4 staff
members, but we rely on many volunteers and contractors throughout
the year. There is a lot of flexibility in how we complete our
work, as not all of it fits into a standard 9-5 structure. This
often requires flexibility from each staff member and working
evenings and some weekends is necessary throughout the
- Supporting ongoing professional
development: We believe that we all do better when we
grow and develop as individuals. To that end, we encourage One
Voice staff to participate in professional development and improve
their professional competence by attending workshops, classes, and
conferences. The board allocates financial support each year for
our professional development.
One Voice Staff
Executive Director – Mitch Fantin (1 FTE)
Artistic Director – Jane Ramseyer Miller (.75 FTE)
Community Engagement Coordinator – Kymani Kahlil (1 FTE)
Operations Coordinator – Open (1 FTE)
Office Assistant – Jen Rivera (.5 FTE volunteer)