VP Corporate Alliances, Healthcare Non-Profit (Remote based)
- American Diabetes Association
- District of Columbia, United States
- $110,000.00 - $140,000.00
- Closing date
- Sep 30, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Prospect Research, Administrative, Sales and Marketing
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is seeking an experienced strategic development professional to develop national corporate relationships. Primary duties of the Vice President of Corporate Alliances-Healthcare Organizations will include the development and stewardship of existing and new corporate partners (Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices). This individual will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement to increase revenue, including, corporate partnerships, commercial co-ventures, social enterprises, and sponsorships. This is a remote based role with a need to travel 30-35%
The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of corporate relationships and work cross functionally (with home office, marketing and regional staff) to drive growth to achieve our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for revenue targets as well as initiative project management and existing account management and will influence the strategic implementation of nationwide initiatives. Through effective leadership, creativity and a strong business acumen, this candidate will increase corporate relationships, meet/exceed national fundraising goals, and build awareness for the American Diabetes Association.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track-record of success in health care sales and account management and/or corporate fundraising, cause marketing, development of commercial co-ventures/social enterprises and/or sales and relationship management. The ability to build and expand pipeline of new business prospects, Leverage network of supporter as well as cold outreach efforts. Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. The candidate must have the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and achieve results in a team environment. Furthermore, the ability to manage projects to successful completion is mandatory.
- Responsible for planning and implementing aggressive fundraising strategy to generate pharmaceutical partnerships to support organizational initiatives
- Provide strategic leadership, creating and executing fundraising strategies to raise a minimum of $5 million annually from Pharmaceutical and Medical corporations: work to grow additional avenues of revenue.
- Proactively build and track six and seven figure transformation partnerships that aim to support the goals of the partnering organization, as well as advance the mission of the ADA.
- Support development of an annual business plan to meet financial targets
- Serve as a key member of the development team influencing and driving strategy, relationships and best practices to accomplish national financial goals
- Accountable to develop and steward a portfolio of relationships from the corporate community to provide funding for our mission. Stewardship includes project management on an as needed basis
- Develop revenue projections and financial analysis
- Oversee stewardship activities; ensure a high-touch response to partners. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling Top to Top meetings with C-Suite and Executive Teams.
- Deliver high quality customer service to all constituents
- Ensure compliance with ADA policies, including, risk management, and financial controls
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Five to ten years of non-profit, fundraising and/or health care sales
- Established success in fundraising, non-profit leadership and sales
- Track-record of success in account management and developing corporate partnerships which exceeded revenue targets
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts
- Project management experience
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities
- Ability to identify and cultivate new business opportunities with new and existing partners.
- Ability to manage and motivate groups and individuals
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Self- starter with an entrepreneurial drive
- Proficient in computer-based information systems
- Experience in Science, Healthcare, Research or Diabetes
- Experience in Marketing, Advertising, Digital Sales preferred but, not required
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Ability to travel – 30-35%
Compensation range: $110,000 to $140,000
You will be eligible for the following standard ADA benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees, as well as coverage for eligible dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savingss Account
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid vacation, personal and sick leave
- 9 annual paid holidays
Take Your Career On A Mission
More than 122 million Americans have diabetes or prediabetes and are striving to manage their lives while living with the disease. Every day more than 4,000 people are newly diagnosed with diabetes in America. The American Diabetes Association (ADA) offers a rewarding career working for one of the premier voluntary health organizations in the world supporting people with type 1 & type 2 diabetes.
Our employees like working at the ADA because of our mission, the inclusive environment, remote working, and our competitive benefits package. Joining our dedicated team affords the gratification of knowing beyond a doubt that you will impact the lives and well-being of millions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the American Diabetes Association to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To find out more about the ADA as well as other exciting and fulfilling career opportunities please visit us at www.diabetes.org/careers. For full consideration, you must apply directly to the ADA Careers Page.
There’s nothing we can’t do when we’re Connected for Life!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert