The University of Texas Libraries Director of
Development leads in the development of a comprehensive fundraising
plan that optimizes the best of UTL resources while strategically
cultivating a portfolio of high-net-worth donors. Reporting to the
VP and Director of UT Libraries the position is an active member of
UT Libraries’ Executive Team to advance strategic priorities
Identify, cultivate, steward, and solicit
current and potential donors.
Lead and manage the Development team and
- Carry an active portfolio of 40-70 prospective donors, solicit
- Conduct executive prospect management meetings with the vice
provost to maximize time with donors (e.g., develop cultivation and
solicitation strategies based on solid proposals).
- Grow current fundraising totals from approximately $1.5 million
annually to $3 million+ annually through strategic fundraising
initiatives including but not limited to, increased solicitation of
major and principal gifts, growth of corporate and foundation
funders, and development of robust and highly proactive planned
giving programs, whereby progress can be measured
Serve as a member of the Vice Provost’s
executive leadership team.
- Supervise the University of Texas Libraries development staff,
including the development specialist for the LLILAS Benson
- Establish and communicate fundraising goals, providing
leadership on gift cultivation and solicitation strategies, and
providing routine oversight and feedback throughout the employee
- Manage campaign committees, e.g., Benson Centennial Committee
and UTL Campaign Committee.
- Maintain and provide oversight of the Libraries Advisory
Advance the fundraising goals of Texas
- Contribute to the strategic planning and initiatives that
support the University of Texas Libraries mission.
- Establish and maintain strong and mutually beneficial
relationships with external contacts and constituents on behalf of
the University of Texas Libraries.
- Participate in presentations to University, business, social
and civic groups.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with Texas Development to
align and advance the fundraising efforts of the University of
Texas Libraries with Texas Development Campaign goals.
- Leverage relationships with CSU development officers to explore
and/or strengthen fundraising opportunities for UT Libraries.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to create
and nurture a culture of philanthropy within the University of
Texas Libraries and its constituencies.
The University of Texas Libraries welcomes and
respects all individuals and communities by valuing and consciously
maintaining awareness of diverse perspectives and experiences. We
believe inclusivity is critical to fostering excellence in all of
our endeavors, and we promote diversity in our collections and
services, as well as in our recruiting, hiring, and retention