Some call it a career. For us, it’s a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking
a Senior Associate Director in our Los
Angeles Regional Office to join our dynamic, dedicated and
goal-oriented development team. This position is integral in
developing philanthropic partnerships with individuals and
foundations in the western United States to further the
institution’s mission to heal, to discover and to educate as a
preeminent health care institution.
The ideal candidate will have a development background in
securing major gifts ($25,000 and above), and handling a robust
fundraising portfolio of donors. We are looking for someone
who has experience securing gifts up to six figures and also feels
comfortable reaching out to prospects who have the capacity to
increase their giving to seven figure gifts. Excellent
communication skills, strong attention to detail, experience in
putting together a fundraising proposal package and the ability to
develop strategic internal and external relationships are essential
to qualify for this position.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National
Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and
personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive
care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we're able
to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive
lives. If you believe in making a difference, we invite you to join
Identify, cultivate and solicit donors and prospects capable of
giving major, planned, capital, endowment, annual or event support.
Works with Trustees or other volunteers and creates and
implements strategies for donor cultivation and engagement.
Develops a fundraising plan to meet defined revenue and activity
- Partners with leadership, develops activity plans and
implements overall strategies for the identification, cultivation,
solicitation and stewardship of new and exsiting donors.
- Assists with developing strategies to meet or exceed all
budgeted revenue goals.
- Researches present and prospective donors to determine
philanthropic capacity. Confirms and secures donations from
- Cultivates donor relationships with high level of personal
communication through telephone, electronic, written (letters,
invitations, applications, proposals, etc.).
- Develops new leadership to serve on the Council of National
Trustees as volunteers.
- Documents all donor contacts in compliance with National Jewish
Health Development procedures.
- Maintains active portfolio according to best practices.
- Accountability: Accepts full
responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays
honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a
strong commitment to organizational success; and, inspires others
to commit to goals assuring the success of National Jewish
- Building Strategic
Relationships: Identifies opportunities and takes
action to build strategic relationships between teams, departments,
units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates
with others to accomplish common goals across various departments;
treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly
demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies
creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems;
recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking “smart” risks and
learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and
understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and
implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work
- Drive for Results: Sets high goals
for self and group; uses industry approved metrics to monitor
progress; tenaciously works to meet or exceed goals while deriving
satisfaction from achievement and continuous improvement.
- Energy: Consistently maintains
high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor,
effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of
- Initiative: Takes prompt action to
accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is
required; being proactive.
- Impact and Influence: Using
appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance
of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate
tasks, situations, and individuals involved. Taking advantage of
opportunities to make a difference and have an impact. When used
well, the intended outcome of this competency is the creation of
goodwill, trust, and respect while motivating people to want to
follow you even when they don’t have to.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
20 to 30% travel.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional
policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes
NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual
differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and
mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all
institutional and departmental safety policies and
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control
policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other
regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s
degree in related field required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of five
years recent and related fundraising experience required.
- Special Training, Certification or
Licensure: Additional training in development and
non-profit management preferred.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding
faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every
aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive
benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan