Status: Full-time, exempt
Schedule: 37.5 hrs/week, M-F, 8.30a.m. to
4.30p.m (CST). This role includes evening work and event travel as
Reports to: Executive Director of
Direct reports: None
Start date: ASAP
Location: Chicago, IL or Remote
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly
passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating
once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend
expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 9,500 study
abroad students every year.
From our headquarters in Chicago to our 400+ study abroad
programs in 85 global locations worldwide, we create authentic
global education and life-affirming cultural experiences. We work
at IES Abroad because we believe that every student should have the
opportunity to go abroad - especially in a fun, safe, and superior
academic and cultural environment.
We believe so strongly in the power of our program, that we
actively recruit students from diverse populations and provide
millions in scholarships year after year. We are proud that our
students are as diverse and exciting as the countries we study.
We're not ashamed to admit, we're a little bit obsessed with
Summary of Position:
The Advancement Gift Officer will be responsible for expanding
the mid-level and major gift donor base through identifying,
cultivating, engaging and stewarding individuals with an affinity
for the IES Abroad mission of international education and
underrepresented student access.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop a strong portfolio of prospective donors who are
engaged, and actively supporting Advancement initiatives and the
IES Abroad mission.
- Responsible for development and management of robust schedule
of in-person and virtual qualification, cultivation and
solicitation visits each month to grow prospect pipeline and
develop engaged portfolio.
- With the direction of the Executive Director, establish goals
and develop strategies to grow acquisition, retention, and
commitments toward building pipeline and portfolio of active donors
- Work independently and with colleagues to identify initiatives
which match donor interests and further institutional
- Develop funding proposals that align with donor interests and
- Provide personalized donor stewardship and cultivation
utilizing IES Abroad branding, communications, events and
- Maintain fundraising database and tracking systems for prospect
- Record all significant alumni interactions and biographical
updates in the database. Proficient use of database and timely,
robust contact reports are essential.
- Regularly develop and host alumni in-person and virtual class
reunions as a means of engagement and prospect identification.
- Provide consistent, informative reports to Executive Director
regarding progress, actions, and results of prospect portfolio
development including complete and thorough visit reports with
prospects and donors.
- Regularly attend organization-sponsored events and support the
alumni engagement program. Travel will be required.
Experience & Qualifications/Skills:
- Three to five years of successful fundraising experience,
equivalent sales experience, or proven work in a related field.
Experience with development of planned gift proposals a plus.
- Experience with Raisers Edge, Microsoft Office, Excel, IWave a
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have U.S. driver's license and ability and willingness to
drive as required.
- Ability to function independently, be self-motivated, and work
well with a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent professional oral, written, and interpersonal
- Good judgment and a high level of intercultural
- Have an appreciation for education and study abroad.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and
handle sensitive information and material in a discretionary
How to Apply:
All applicants should submit an application
and salary requirements by clicking
'Apply Now' at the side of this page.
Please visit www.IESabroad.org/jobs for
more information about working at IES Abroad.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Treating all people with respect is at the core of who we
As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit, employ, train,
compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age,
veteran status, citizenship, gender, gender expression, gender
identity, sexual orientation, genetic information and/or other
protected status as required by applicable law.
When you join IES Abroad, you're part of a diverse community of
global leaders who know that our differences in skills and
backgrounds are just as important as our shared passions and
mission. Surrounded by a mix of talented professionals, you find
yourself wanting to come to work, and, more importantly, wanting to
stay and advance our mission together.