The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Major Gifts Specialist is a
member of WWP’s fundraising team. The Major Gifts Specialist
stewards a portfolio of major gift donors and new prospects. The
Major Gifts Specialist identifies, cultivates, and solicits high
net worth individuals through ongoing personal contact with strong
emphasis on in-person meetings and cultivation events. The Major
Gifts Specialist shares in the financial goal of the Major Gifts
team and is responsible for generating revenue from different
revenue channels such as cash, gifts of stock, and deferred
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the growth of a portfolio of major and prospective
- Articulate effectively, verbally and in writing, WWP’s history,
mission, vision, and programs to potential funding sources.
- Ensure portfolio is properly balanced for effective moves
- Track communications within Salesforce CRM to ensure
prioritizing individual passions through relationship based
- Represent WWP and speak to community audiences, organizations,
- Travel to meet with existing and prospective donors in support
of program objectives.
- Establish effective working relationships and work
collaboratively with WWP teammates across the organization, e.g.,
Communications, Marketing, Programs, and other Resource Development
teams, working cross channels to garner new donors.
- Provide monthly and quarterly revenue projections and
forecasting for the portfolio.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies.
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion
toward solicitation and closure.
- Develop highly personalized donor communications including
proposals, stewardship reports, and general program updates.
- Utilize wealth screening information, other research, and
networks of existing donors to identify prospective major
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong business acumen with the ability to monitor, compile,
and analyze data to guide decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to
develop and maintain professional relationships and build
successful and effective relationships.
- Ability to communicate technical information and requirements
to teammates and leadership.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing
priorities and meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail and
ability to prioritize, delegate, and ensure that deadlines are
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and
- Demonstrated understanding of Wounded Warrior Project and its
mission, values, programs, and services, and the impact of these
programs and services on wounded warriors and their families.
- Demonstrated understanding of military service organizations
(MSOs) and veteran service organizations (VSOs).
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, e.g.,
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Three years of fundraising or sales experience.
- Three years of demonstrated achievement identifying,
cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors.
- Two years of experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Three years of experience working in non-profit
- Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent combination of education,
experience, training, or certification may be considered in lieu of
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- May require participation in events under varying weather
- Up to 75% travel.
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds.